another death

Constance had gotten real mad at Michael a few days back, Michael left the house and didn't return. It's made me wonder what's happened between them.

I heard music playing downstairs, loudly. I walked down the stairs, curious to see who it was and to my surprise it was Constance. She was drinking whisky and looks like ⚠️tw⚠️ she's taken some pills. I ran upstairs to get Tate and he rushed down past me and into the living area.

"Shit. What's she taken?" Tate asked.

"I don't know, I just came down here to this-"

I was interrupted by gagging noises from Constance. She had her hands around her throat.

"Tate, she's not gonna make it..." I told him solemnly.

He stopped for a second then said,

"Hey, help me get her out of the house, I don't think I could stick living with her any longer." Tate inquired.

"Okay, okay." I walked over towards Constance but she wasn't moving.

I took my hands off her and stepped back. I just looked up at Tate.

"It's okay." He told me, "Beau, Rose, get down here."

"Rose?" I asked.

"You haven't met Rose? She's my sister." Tate smiled.

"Really? I didn't know that." I laughed.

Beau ran in and Rose walked in behind him. She was in a little yellow dress with blonde curls, but when I looked at her face I was slightly shocked. She had no eyes.

"Tate, I'll be back in a second." I stroked his arm and walked out.

I could hear movement, so I was guessing that Constance had woken up. As much as Constance annoyed me, she shouldn't have done that to herself.

Tate came out of the living room and he whispered,

"Guess I'm stuck with her for eternity."

"No, remember my promise. You won't be here for too much longer."

I suddenly heard the front door opening.

"Grandma?"

It was Michael. Hold on... grandma?

"Grandma?" He called, looking up the stairs.

Michael turned quickly and looked into the living room.

"Grandma?" His voice broke and he rushed towards her, when he realised what's happened.

I saw him look at the table with the pill bottles and the whisky glasses, and his hands went up to his head.

"No..." he cried, he let out a sad whimper and kneeled down beside her.

"Grandma..." he put his hands on her face, "hey, wake up! Hey wake up..." he shook her, trying to make her regain consciousness, but then her head fell into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault." He said, lying her down, tears streaming down his face, "Hey, Grandma?"

Ben then appeared in the seat across from him.

"The spirits in this house can't be seen unless they want to be seen."

"She doesn't want to see me?" Michael cried softly.

"I'm sorry." Ben shook his head.

"Who are you?" Michael asked.

"Someone who wants to be seen." Ben told him, "Someone who wants to help. If you really want to change I think I can show you how."

Michael paused, "I'm a monster. Why would you want to help me?"

"Because I can't help but think of you as my son. Even though you're not really." Ben told him.

Okay, I get that, Viviens the mother so Ben sees him as a son. But I still don't get why he calls her grandma.

"Let's go. We'll leave them alone." Tate took my hand.

We walked outside and sat on the porch.

"Hey, Tate?"

"Yeah?" He smiled.

"I'm just confused, why did Michael keep calling Constance grandma?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, but I guess she could be like a grandmother figure to him, you know based off her age." Tate laughed.

I nodded and smiled.

"It's cold out here, I'm gonna go up to your room and get something." I told him.

"Okay, come back soon." Tate smiled.

I didn't feel like interacting with Constance so I decided not to be seen by anyone. I went up to Tates room to find Michael sitting on the bed, holding some weird black mask.

I pushed it to the back of my mind and just picked up one of the sweaters from the floor and I heard a voice behind me.

"What are you doing?" It was Tate, "Stay away from my shit."

Ben walked into the room and said,

"He's just exploring."

"He's fucked up!" Tate shouted, "You stay away from my shit, you understand?"

Michael and Tate made eye contact for several seconds, then Michael said,

"I just want to be like you, Dad."