attempted sabotage

"Uh, hey y/n?" a mystery voice called.

I looked to the top of the stairs and it was Violet.

"Oh, uh hey Violet." I muttered, walking onwards.

"Hey wait." she said quickly.

I stopped in my tracks and asked,

"What do you want?"

"Do you wanna come sit with me for a bit? It would be good to have a friend." Violet said to me.

"Um, okay..." I said, walking up the stairs

I reached the top landing and saw Tate standing further down the corridor. He nodded at me, and said,

"Come back out soon." with a smile.

I nodded back and walked into Violets room.

It was dark, the blinds didn't seem to be opened, but it was kinda nice.

"So y/n!" Violet said, "How did you and Tate meet?"

I smirked, "Well, it's kind of a long story."

She sat down on her bed, "I have all the time in the world."

God what do I tell her? "Well... we-"

"Met on the beach."

I turned around suddenly and there was no one there.

"You okay?" Violet said, looking concerned.

"Uh, yeah fine." I uttered, "We met on the beach."

"Oh cool. What beach?" Violet asked me.

"The one by the store on Walbury Street, it's just down the road from there." I said to her.

"Wait that beach?" Violet asked.

"Yeah... there's something special about that one, to me. To us." I described.

"Special, you say?" Violet said with a smirk, "Too bad."

"What?" I said with a confused look.

"Look, I didn't want to have to tell you this, but.... Tate took me to that beach last night." Violet smirked.

This bitch.

"Did he now?" I told her, "Can you tell me why I should believe that?"

"I mean, maybe Tate just wants me more than he wants you. He might need a change in his life every so often."

"Hey," I said, walking up to her, "Don't you ever question what Tate 'needs'. You've known of his existence for two days, I've known of it for fifteen years."

"What?" Violet said, "Fifteen years, you're only 16." "

Shit. Didn't mean to say that.

I froze.

"Childhood friends." The voice said again, I turned quick and didn't see anyone, but I knew that voice.

"We're childhood friends what else would we be?" I said strongly. The urge to strangle her was growing.

"I'm sorry, y/n. But, Tate said he liked me. You might just have to accept that life doesn't go your way sometimes." Violet said.

"Oh but life is going my way, sweetheart. I know that you're lying, and I don't even need to prove it." I smiled.

"Hey, y/n?"

I turned and saw Tate pop up at the door.

"You coming to the appointment?" he said.

"Yeah." I said, giving Violet a final glare, "I think it's best we aren't friends."

We walked out and Tate asked,

"Well, what was she saying?"

"Too much." I said, "Let's get to your appointment."

They talked about all the stuff Tate was going through again, quite similar to last weeks.

"Okay, Tate, we're gonna start meeting twice a week from now on, if you can do that. I think it'll be better for you." Ben told Tate.

"Yeah, I can do that. Hey? Do you think I can bring someone to my sessions? It'll be much easier for me to have someone there for moral support." Tate asked

"That's not a problem, I'll just need their name."

"Oh it's y/n y/l/n." Tate smiled.

"Okay, so I'll see you and y/n next week then." Ben said, directing Tate out the door.

I became visible again and Tate just put his arm around me and we walked down to the basement.

authors note

hey guys this parts slightly smaller because i haven't had a lot of time to work on this story, but i promise they'll get better and much longer soon 💕