witches

"A phone call?" Tate asked.

"Yeah... to a friend." I said, while dialling the number.

The tone rang out and then,

"Hey bitch. How you doing?"

I laughed,

"Aw, could I expect anything more from you, Madison?"

"You know me. Anyways... what do you need?"

Tate looked up at me while I was on the phone.

"I need your help. More specifically, Cordelia's help. I don't know if I'm right, but I have a real gut feeling that... that she knows how to help me. I've never met her, never spoken... I can almost feel it." I said nervously.

"You feel it?" Madison said through the phone, "What do you feel?"

I sighed, "It feels like everything inside of me is being pulled towards her, I feel like I need to know her."

"Y/n... that's how I felt before I-" She stopped, "God, Queenie needs me. I'll speak to you soon, y/n."

"Wait Mad-" the call ended.

I frustratingly set the phone down and Tate asked,

"Well? Is she coming to help us?"

"I don't know." I said softly, "New Orleans is like a thousand miles away, it'll be forever until we even hear from them again."

Tate nodded at me.

"Madison said something to me... she said the way I'm feeling now is how she felt, but she got cut off before she could finish her sentence. I want to know what she was gonna say." I persisted.

"I mean, what's the worst she could say? Nothing can get worse than this." Tate asked me.

"I guess you're right." I said, then we heard Ben and Vivien downstairs.

We wanted to find out what the excitement was, so we walked down the stairs and found them in the kitchen. There was a leaflet for Indian food in front of Vivien.

"I think I want Indian food." She said to him, from the other side of the counter.

Ben chuckled, "You only want Indian food when you're pregnant."

Vivien smiled, and Ben looked shocked.

"Really?" Ben said.

Vivien nodded back at him, and when I turned around, Tate was showing no sign of happiness, more of worry.

"Hey? You okay?" I said to him.

"Yeah, yeah." He stroked my arm and then said, "I'll be back soon, okay?"

I looked at him confusedly. He smiled, and then walked towards the basement stairs.

I made sure he, yes Tate, couldn't see me either, because ghosts can only see each other when they want them to.

I followed him along and down the stairs and he yelled,

"Nora?"

Nora? What does he want with her?

"Nora? Come on! Where are you?" He yelled out.

"Tate?" I looked to my side and saw Nora in the door frame.

"Hey!" He said and walked quickly over to her, "I just found out some amazing news."

"Well? What is it?" She said politely.

"I found out that Vivien, the owner of this place, she's pregnant, Nora. You're gonna get your baby!" Tate said back to her.

"Really?" Nora said, tears glistening in her eyes, "My baby?"

"Yeah." He replied.

Nora rose her hands to her face,

"Thank you, Tate..." she cried, "Thank you so very much."

Tate smiled and walked out.

I followed him and went upstairs when he walked through downstairs. I sat down in Bens office and waited for Tate to come and find me.

"Hey." Tate said, as he walked into the room.

"Hey, what'd you get up to?" I asked him.

"I just spoke to Nora, told her there's finally gonna be a baby in this house." He told me.

Okay, he's being honest. I like that.

"A baby... Jesus I haven't seen one of them since last Halloween." I laughed, "Do you know how far along she is?"

"I think ten weeks. I heard them talking earlier." Tate said, sitting down beside me.

"I've had this real weird feeling since I found out, and I have no idea what it is. It's all felt off." I told him honestly.

"What do you mean?" Tate said, his expressions changing.

"I don't know... it's just felt really weird, like it's not meant to be. Like it's almost dangerous." I said, looking to him.

Tate looked at the clock, and it said 11:48pm.

"We should get some sleep, it's late." Tate said, taking my hands.

"Okay." I said softly, and left the room.

                           The next day

I woke to the sound of birds, and movement. Guessing it was Tate, my eyes slowly unblurred. Tate was pulling his jumper over his head.

"Hey... sorry did I wake you?" He asked, sitting down beside me.

"No, no. It was the birds. I love the sound of birds, they're all so different, yet so similar at the same time. They're so beautiful." I said, sitting up.

"I like birds too," Tate said, opening the curtains allowing the sun to pour in, "so, what do you wanna do today?"

"I'm not sure. Anything but deal with the overall struggles of a day in this house." I said with a giggle.

"Go get dressed, I'll meet you downstairs." He smiled and walked out.

I looked through my closet and found a dress. It was a lavender colour, had a flowy skirt and a v-neck line. I'd never seen this one before, but I loved it so much I wanted to try it on. I picked it up and underneath it, there was something made of a fabric.

I picked it up and it was a large piece of material, but it was shaped in a triangle with lots of tassles hanging off it. It was a shawl.

I put on the dress with a pair of boots, a golden necklace and I put on the shawl. I've never said this, but it looked amazing. It felt oddly familiar.

I walked down the stairs and I found Tate. He turned around and his eyes widened.

"Wow, I've never seen that one before."

I did a little spin and said, "Well what do you think?"

"Looks great on you." Tate smiled.

*knock knock*

I looked at Tate.

"Who could that be?" I said, walking towards the front door.

"Do you want me to, or?" Tate asked.

"I'll be fine." I gave him a smile over my shoulder.

I slowly opened the door and,

"Surprise bitch, I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me."