venable and the purples

I walked into a large room with a bed and a wardrobe, with a set of chairs and a table. Standing by the table was a slim woman, red hair, a walking stick and purple clothes.

"Welcome to Outpost Three." The woman said, "I'm Ms. Wilhemina Venable, but you will address me by Ms. Venable and only Ms. Venable. Is that clear?"

"Yes ma'am." I said.

"Rules. You must never leave. If you leave the building you won't be allowed back in. Next, two meals a day. Nothing more. Finally, no relationships."

"Hmm, you don't have to worry about that one." I smiled.

"You have someone on the outside? How did they survive?" Ms. Venable asked.

"Well, it's a long story." I laughed.

"You'll find a set of purple clothes in your wardrobe. The greys are here to serve you. Anything you want, ask the greys. You and the others will be known as the purples." She continued.

"Thank you, Ms. Venable."

She left the room and I walked over to my wardrobe and found the exact copy of the purple dress I found back in the house.

I put it on and left my shirt hidden away because I couldn't be bothered being in purple all the time.

I walked out of the room and to the stairs, they cascaded down the centre of the building and I could hear voices. I found myself in a candle lit corridor and at the end was a room, filled with people. Ms. Venable walked up beside me.

"I'll introduce you." She walked down the corridor towards the group.

"Everyone?" They all turned and looked at us, "We have a new arrival. Y/n y/l/n. I'll be back soon to get you all."

I saw Mallory and Coco. I'd forgotten they were under an identity spell, they have no idea about who they truly are. Mallory introduced herself first.

"Hi, I'm Mallory." She smiled, "Come meet Coco."

She walked me over to a woman with very flamboyant hair, in very regal purple clothing and a slight smug expression.

"Coco, this is y/n."

"Yes, Mallory I heard. Hi." Coco said, "Coco St. Pierre Vanderbilt."

She walked off quickly.

"Mouthful, isn't it?" Mallory laughed.

"Too right it is. Who's everyone else?" I asked her.

"Okay, so see that woman over there? That's Dinah Stevens, you might recognise her off TV." Mallory informed me.

"Then, the two guys over there? They're Stu and Andre. Andre's mother is Dinah." She continued.

"The couple over there are Emily and Timothy. They're 'genetically perfect' according to Ms. Venable and that's why they're here." she told me.

"Finally we have Malcolm and Evie Gallant. Evie's a bit of a priss, but Mr Gallants a hair dresser and he's really cool." She finished.

"Wow, okay." I muttered. It was really weird seeing Mallory have no idea who I am. She's such a powerful girl and she has no clue who she is, no recollection of me, or any of the other witches. She doesn't even know that the people that were most important to her have died. Completely changing the subject, Mr Gallant walked over to me.

"Hey, sorry to be so intrusive but I love your hair!" he said, "How have you gotten it so healthy?"

"Oh, just the usual. Get lots of sun at it and wash it every so often." I laughed.

"Stunning." Mr Gallant was still admiring it, "Hope you enjoy the song that's playing, it's the only one that'll be going for a while. It's been playing since we arrived, nothings changed."

"It's not too bad, I guess." I smiled, "So, what was your life like before all this?"

"Well," he brought me over to of the couches and we sat down, "I was the most exclusive hair dresser in L.A, fave customer was Miss Coco over there, but I think I might have a new one."

He kept randomly stroking my hair and touching it. It was quite flattering to be honest.

"What about you? What did you get up to?" He asked.

"I- uh, have you heard of," I quietened my voice, "the Murder House?"

"Yes, yes. Heard all the awful stories about that place." He gave a quick shiver and then his attention was back to me.

"Well, I lived there. Also went between my school in New Orleans. I'm only 16, I don't work or anything."

"You lived in that house of horrors?" Mr Gallant said, "Surprised you made it out alive..."

At that moment Ms. Venable walked back in.

"It's time for food." She turned around and walked off.

Mr Gallant guided me to the dining area. It was a long table with many chairs and candles.

"The assistors will bring out your meals, we have a special one as we have a new member at the Outpost." Ms. Venable continued.

Everyone smiled and clapped. I saw an empty seat straight in front of me, with Mr Gallant to my left and Coco to my right.

A woman walked out with her head down with a trolley of covered bowls. She was handing them out to my row, I thanked her even though I couldn't see her face. Once she got round the other side I looked up and I recognised her immediately.

It was fucking Ms. Mead.

She looked up too and realised who I was, and we made eye contact for a solid five seconds. I felt like I could choke her in the moment. She shot my best friend in the head, she killed my friends. It's payback time.

She sat down in the only available seat, the one a meter and a half in front of me. She clearly felt uncomfortable, immediately as she was beginning to sit down, I used my mind to push her chair back. She almost fell, but grabbed Ms. Venables arm. I'll not cause any havoc now, but later.

Everyone ate quickly and Ms. Venable told us to get changed, and go to bed. I could swear it was only like eight o'clock. But anyways I was tired.

I found a vest and a pair of shorts lying on my bed, so I changed out of the dress and into the pyjamas. I heard a knock on my door. It was Gallant.

"Hey girl," he popped around the corner, "I have this," he handed me a silk sort of shower cap thing, "wear it while you sleep, it'll do wonders for that hair."

I laughed and then thanked him. He left and then I got into my bed and fell asleep almost immediately.