michael langdon

"The end?" I said nervously, flashing my eyes toward Tate, who was pacing.

"He's not like us, y/n. He's stronger, more powerful, and he's sitting right across from us in a house, unaware of his future." Cordelia continued.

"And there's nothing you can do to stop it?" Tate said, "What even is he?"

"I don't know." Cordelia replied, "But when I saw yourself and y/n, this child was grown. But the world looked the way it does today, so this danger, it could be coming sooner than we'd thought."

"Shit." Tate repeated, running his hands through his hair.

"Hey," I said, putting my hands round his neck, "everything's going to be okay."

He gave me a small smile and kept me firmly held to his side.

"Y/n, we need to get back tomorrow. The girls need us, there's been a mishap." Cordelia said.

"What kind of mishap?" I asked.

"Madisons gone missing." Cordelia said.

"And you're sure she's not just out at some party?" I inquired.

"Y/n, there's something wrong I can feel it." Cordelia said firmly.

"Okay, we'll think about it tomorrow. Come inside, we'll find you one of the spare rooms." I told her.

We organised somewhere easily accessible for Cordelia, then went down to the couches in the basement.

"So you're leaving me already?" Tate asked.

"Believe me, I don't want to. I know for a fact Madisons just having a good time with her friends, it's nothing to worry about. But I'm going to get you out of here some day, you know that right?" I told him.

"Yeah, I guess... I've sort of just assumed I'll be here for a while." Tate told me.

"You know what? No, I'm not leaving yet. I'll get one of the other witches to fly out and help Cordelia, I'm staying here for a while." I decided.

"You will?" Tate smiled.

"Mhm." I said softly.

Tate gave a tired smile and put his arm around me, then we fell asleep quickly.

The next day Myrtle showed up, she was getting Cordelia's stuff together.

"I won't stay here long, I'll be back soon enough." I told her softly.

"If we get any more news on Madison I'll be sure to let you know." Cordelia said kindly.

"Please do. I'll see you soon, okay?" I hugged her and Myrtle guided her toward the car and they drove off.

"So, you stayed?" Tate said.

"Yeah, I couldn't bring myself to leave, not yet." I told him sincerely.

"Well, while you're here you may as well enjoy it."

One year later...

It came from Constance's house. Tate's eyes darted towards me and he yelled,

"Go!"

I ran across the road and banged on the door, there was no reply. I tried to look through the window, I could see two couches, a table and a tv, with a well decorated room. The floor was wooden, and my eyes were drawn to it immediately. As I looked towards the door, I saw two hands gripping it, as if they were trying to pull away from something. I banged on the window again strongly and then the hands fell.

I ran to the door, checked there was no one around, closed my eyes and pushed my hands forward. When I opened them again the door was open, I quickly got inside.

"Constance?" I yelled, "Constance, where the hell are you?"

I walked along toward the living area and saw a man, lying there covered in blood.

"What the hell's happened in here?" I asked myself, then I realised.

"Michael."

The corridor was long, I walked along it trying to find a child's room, then I saw it.

The young boy was sitting on a white seat, rocking on it.

"What did you do?" I shouted.

"He was telling me I couldn't listen to music." The young boy said, "I want to listen to music."

"And that's an excuse to kill him?" I yelled at him.

Michael completely avoided the question and walked over to his radio. He clicked the button and Twisted Nerve began to play.

"Wha- where have you heard this?" I asked credulously.

"My daddy listens to this, that's what Grandma said." Michael responded.

"Grandma? Michael, your fathers Ben." I told him.

"Well at least that's what she tells me I should call her." Michael said plainly.

"Michael, where's Constance?" I asked.

"She's at the store. She'll be back soon."

Right at that moment she walked through the door, and I heard a distressed yelp. I ran towards where she would be and she'd dropped her shopping bags and had her hands over her mouth.

"Constance."

"What are you doing here?" Constance said.

"A... reason. I heard screaming and came over and... this." I said, pointing my hand towards the body.

"I'll deal with it. You get on your way." Constance told me.

I gave Michael a final glance and left the house, heading back to Tate.

"Well? What happened?" He asked when I was approaching the gates.

"Michael happened. Killed some guy." I told him abruptly, "Tate he's two. Two! This is what he's like now? I've already suffered too much loss, Madison, my parents, Misty. I cant afford to lose anything else."

"I know." He said, putting his arm around me, "Have you spoken to the witches? When you heading back?"

"Two weeks. I really don't want to, Tate. I love it here, I get to spend every day with the person I care about. There it's all about witchy woo, and I'm just not about that. I've picked up all of the Seven Wonders, but I don't want to be the Supreme. Cordelia deserves that status, but I can feel things going wrong, with Michael. He's two and he's already killed a person and a bunch of animals. What's he gonna be like when he's older?"

"I'm not sure. But we have a lot of time until he's fully grown, at the stages Cordelia told us when he was '17 or 18'. I guess we'll just have to wait. But I promise, for now at least, you're completely safe with me." Tate smiled.

I sheepishly smiled and we walked back inside.