leave me alone.

Tate looked stunned. I didn't mean to say that. What the hell am I going to tell him? Oh my god, I'm such an idiot. He knows I'm DEAD.

"You. You're what?" Tate muttered.

"I'm... dead." I said nervously.

"You're dead. No, this isn't real. I'm dreaming." Tate said, closing his eyes and putting his hands to his head.

"This is going to be so confusing for you, but I promise this is real. I'm real." I said, moving closer to him.

"How- how are you dead? If you're dead, you're a ghost-"

"Exactly. I'm a ghost. I'm so sorry, I bet this is unbelievably confusing for you, I have to tell you everything." I said urgently.

"No, y/n. I need, I need some time to process this, we- we can't be friends. Not right now." Tate said, sadly. He looked heartbroken. I couldn't believe it, I couldn't believe that those words had just came out of his mouth. Tate, the only person I've grown close to, doesn't want to know me. Tears began to well up in my eyes, and I said,

"Tate, no just..."

"NO, y/n. Everything in my life slowly started to get better, because you were around. You were the second I had away from this torturous life, the hell with my mom, the trouble of taking care of Addy, the second away from the assholes of Westfield High. And now, I've just found out that that person, is dead. A ghost. This is literally impossible, y/n. This can't be real. I'm sorry that I have to do this, but you have to stay away from me. At least until I can somehow take in what I've just heard. You need... you need to stay away from me." Tate demanded, he looked so hurt.

He looked angry too. I'd never seen him like this. It scared me, the look of betrayal in his eyes, those eyes that were always full of happiness and joy, looked angry. At... me.

"Okay." I said, as the tears fell, "But I want you to close your eyes."

"Y/n, just go! Please." he said, as he began to get upset, "I won't be able to stay away from you, you just need to leave."

"Close your eyes, Tate."

As I looked into his eyes for the final time, in I don't know how long for, they showed redemption, but pain, and it was building up. Overwhelming him. His eyes finally closed, and I made him not be able to see me. Several seconds later, he slowly opened his eyes, and just broke down. I felt so horrible that I did this to him, he walked over to his bed, still fully dressed, lay down and closed his eyes.

I decided to leave, go tell Moira about what happened, she always knows how to help me when this type of thing happens. As I walked down the stairs, Constance walked past me going towards Tate's room. She's always bad news, so I followed along to see what she was going to say. She knocked on his door, and asked if she could come in. Obviously he told her to go away, but she persisted. He came over to the door unlocked it, and went and sat down on his bed again.

"So, how did it go with that strange girl?" Constance sneered.

"Don't call her that." Tate said strongly.

"I mean-"

"Mom, I don't want to talk about it. Get out." he said strongly.

"I thought you liked her, a mother can always tell." Constance tattered.

"Mom. Get out. I don't want to have to make you." he said, slightly raising his voice.

"Alright, alright. Nothing strange with her though?" She said as she was walking towards the door. Tate stood up, walked over to the door, and slammed the door straight in 'our' faces. Constance gave a look of toxicity towards the door and walked slowly to her own bedroom.

How long will it be until I can speak to him again? He seemed pretty angry, and I don't blame him, I'd probably react the same way if he told me. I just need to leave him be, wait until he reaches out to me, just lurk in the shadows for a while. Just in the meantime.