8

I had just finished my music theory class. Hailey looked like she had died of boredom the entire time. Xav, Inara, and I ignored her. We excitedly chatted about Mozart and Beethoven. Hailey had interrupted the conversation to say she found Beethoven to be a funny movie. I was so confused when she began speaking about a dog movie.

Xav and I were going in the same direction, so she walked me to spell class. I was bouncing with excitement, causing Xav to laugh. She placed her arm around me to prevent me from jumping into the ceiling. I blushed when I realized her arm was securely wrapped around my shoulders. She led me through the halls and pointed at the door. I shyly thanked her and ran into the room.

I stiffened when I entered the room. All eyes were on me. Right, everyone was here now so they definitely realized I was a transfer. The teacher had me introduce myself.

"Hi. I'm Zena." I gave an awkward wave.

"You're hot!" A guy yelled, causing me to blush.

"You know what they say about perverted men?" The teacher held his pointer finger and thumb close together, simulating the boy's small dick. The boy blushed as the class laughed at him. "The name is Nico and you can count on me to have your back." I smiled when he winked at me. "Choose any desk, Zena!"

I nodded and chose a bench that was empty, so I wouldn't be disturbing anyone. I sat on the stool and began scrolling through my texts. Vera and Ellio were wondering if I could visit them sometime soon. I really wanted to, but I was concerned about Vera's health. Vera was sad, but she understood the precaution. I was about to text Ellio, but the slamming of books startled me. I jumped and looked at an irritated face before me.

I was in shock at the goddess before me. Her brows were furrowed in anger as her blue eyes burned through me. Her blond hair cascaded over her shoulder as her lips fell into a scowl. The girl before me sucked the air out my lungs. It seemed the longer I stared at her, the angrier she got. I then realized her mouth was moving, so she was obviously saying something.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"So you do speak English!" She had an English accent. "Are you mentally challenged, so your responses are delayed?!" I couldn't form any words, so my mouth was gaping open like a fish. "Jeez, you really are retarded." She pinched the bridge of her nose. "I said for you to scram." She snapped her fingers and pointed to another desk. The geeky boy gave me a nervous smile and awkwardly waved.

"I'm sorry?"

"You're in our spot." She motioned between herself and another girl behind her.

"S-Sorry." I began to pack up my belongings, but the teacher stopped me.

"I'm actually gonna have fun and assign partners." Nico deviously smiled. "And since you're getting along so well, you two will be partners. Tatia, go with Daryl." He pointed at the geeky boy.