37

I'm not sure how long we have been stuck here since time is arbitrary. All I can say is that Acacia and I've gotten a lot closer. We haven't slept together, but we were rather intimate with each other. Like right now...

I was on my back while Acacia straddled me. We were engaged in a heavy make out session. My hands were gripping her ass while her hands were wandering up and down my sides. I removed one of my hands to cup her face as I deeply kissed her. She pulled back to give me a shy smile.

"I love you, Zena." My eyes widened at her admittance. "You don't love me back." She sighed and sat back.

"I didn't say that." I held her in place. "You just caught me off guard." I shyly smiled.

"That's never a good sign." She rolled her eyes. "I'll save myself the embarrassment and-"

"But you wouldn't hear me tell you that I'm in love with you." She went rigid. "Oh, so now you're the one who's in shock." I laughed when she slapped my arm. "Now, you know how I felt." She squealed when I dragged her down. "You're cute when flustered." I mumbled into her neck.

"I know it sounds bad, but I don't want to head back." I moved my head to look at her. "It's just that this is the happiest I've ever been. It's literally paradise here and I'm getting to share it with you." She gave me a loving smile.

"I agree that it's tempting, but we have to leave if we don't want to die from the demons." She groaned while I laughed. "If they win, then we can never come back here." She arched a brow at me. "What?"

"You're asking to come back here with me?" She sat up.

"Ya, why?"

"No reason." She blushed and looked down.

"I'm not convinced." I used two fingers to lift her chin. "What's going on through that pretty mind of yours?" I smiled.

"Since when are you such a flirt?" She purred. I gulped since she got close.

"She gets that flirty nature from La-"

"Nyx!" I cut her off. "What are you two doing here?" I motioned between her and Ken.

Ever since we've been stuck here, we've been going out with the couple a lot. We've also gotten closer to their friends. The twins and Onyx still creep me out, but the others aren't bad. Angel Hailey is also much more appealing than vampy Hailey. Angel Hailey actually is concerned for my well-being instead of only being concerned about teasing the absolute shit out of me. Ajax and Roman are cool. They're quiet... but still cool.

Everyone was surprised by how much Yugi had taken to me. They said he was more introverted than the others, so it was a big deal that he liked me a lot. We'd spent a lot of time talking about random shit. It was great since neither of us understood the pop culture references Ken would tell us.

I wasn't able to spend much time with the other royal advisors since they were busy. Since Roman constantly visited his husband, I was able to speak to him more than the other advisors. He explained that Eris had left after backstabbing Nyx and Ken. They had no idea where she had left to. Everyone had begun wondering if she was secretly working for Lilitu. Acacia shut that down and said Eris had a personal grudge against Nyx and Hailey. The two didn't deny anything and decided on whistling.

"We came to tell you that a safer realm has been connected to our realm now." Ken pulled me out of my thoughts.

"So you guys are free to leave." Nyx swung an arm around Ken. "Unless you want to stay..." She smirked. Acacia and I looked at each other.