21

I smiled when I finally woke up. My eyes were still closed as I stretched. I then decided to open my eyes. I screamed when I saw Acacia sitting at my desk. Acacia rolled her eyes and threw a pillow at me.

"What are you doing here?!" I hissed.

"I'm mad."

"And you decided to quietly sit in my room?!"

"Yeah. You were the first person I thought of to vent to." She fixed her hair in the mirror. Okay, that was kinda cute. "Now, get up! You're gonna be late to class."

"Fine."

I rolled my eyes and threw my covers off. I stretched some more and heard Acacia take a sharp inhalation of air. I arched a brow at her reaction. What was she- fuck! I forgot I sleep topless. Her eyes were wide and her face was flushed. I was frozen because I didn't know what to do. It seemed that Acacia was focused on my breast and not my eyes.

"Damn, is that a preview or post?" Hailey swung the door open. Acacia quickly ripped her eyes away while I pulled the covers over my chest. "Don't be shy, Z." Hailey flicked my head. "Anyways, got you some food since I knew you'd be late after dealing with..." She nudged her head at Acacia.

"Thanks... you can leave now." Hailey chuckled at me and then left.

"You're gonna be late if you don't get ready." Acacia refused to meet my eyes.

"Gotcha." I stood up, causing Acacia to blush. I smirked when I saw her staring at my thong. I then skipped to the bathroom and got ready.

I quickly got dressed and exited the room to see Acacia holding my bunny. She smiled at my plushie. When she saw me, she quickly put it down.

"His name is Thumper. My parents got him for me when I was a baby." I put it back in her hands. "He's the most precious item I have." I smiled.

"He's really cute." She smiled at me. "Are you alright with me holding him?"

"Yeah." I leaned my head on her shoulder. "You're actually the first person I've allowed to hold him." She turned to me with tears in her eyes. "Why are you crying?" I giggled.

"I-I'm just honored." She smiled and handed Thumper back to me. "We should get to class." I rolled my eyes, but nodded.

She interlocked our arms and we walked down the halls together. I was taken aback by her boldness. Other students whispered about us since Acacia rarely gave people, besides her friends, the time of day. Most importantly, she always rejected anybody's advances, so it was a shock to see her being affectionate.

We entered the class to see our teacher. Nico's eyes widened, but he then smirked at us. We rolled our eyes and went to our desk. Acacia and I weren't paying attention to the lecture. She had received a text that made her stressed.

"What's wrong?" I whispered when the teacher was correcting another student's form.

"My parents are refusing to budge. I think they're making a big mistake. Many people will be affected by their choices." She sighed out. "My mother is refusing to negotiate. She's more like demanding than communicating." She turned to me.

"Is it business related or..." I suspected it had to do with picking sides in the war, but I was wondering if she'd tell me that.

"I'd more say it's a social responsibility and they're neglecting it out of ego." She sighed. "They won't listen to me, no matter how hard I push back. My mother dismisses my voice even though I'm the heir. It's like they gave me the title as a prop and have no intention of ever utilizing me." A sad look fell upon her face.