20

"About what?" I feigned ignorance. Acacia gave me her signature eye roll.

"Don't play stupid with me." She sternly said.

"Y-Yea." I stuttered.

"You're cute when you're nervous." She smiled. "Although you don't have to be nervous." She paused. "Why did you leave?" And there's the million dollar question. I was hoping we could've glossed over that. "Did you... regret kissing me or-"

"No! That's not it." I looked down. "I-I..." I blushed thinking about the sex and marriage and bonding part.

"What is it that's got you blushing?" She purred, causing my face to turn even redder. "I think I have an idea, but I want to hear it from you." She licked my lips.

"I...uh...umm..." How'd she expect me to have a coherent thought after doing that?! She was staring at me with lustful eyes, which was unraveling me the longer she gazed. My heart rate increased when she placed her hand on my upper thigh. "I don't want to be a child bride!" Her brows furrowed in confusion.

"Huh? What are you-"

I then bolted out the room. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Why would you tell her about being a child bride?! I'm an idiot! An absolute- ow! I rubbed my head. Why do I keep running into things?! Well, in this case... people. I blushed since I had run into perky breasts. I took a step back and slowly looked up.

My eyes widened at the beauty before me. She was absolutely gorgeous, but nothing like Acacia. Acacia would always be in another league. The girl had light blond hair and sharp blue eyes... similarly to Acacia's. Her mouth formed into a smile, showing off her stark white teeth.

"You seemed to be in a hurry, love." She also had a sexy English accent. "What are you running from?"

"My problems." I whispered. I mentally cheered that I didn't stutter in front of a beautiful girl.

"Funny since I'm a problem solver. What do you say we get to know each other better?"

She took my hand before I could formulate a reply. The mysterious beauty was about to lead me away, but Acacia rounded the corner. Her eyes narrowed and her jaw was clenched. She marched up to us and ripped my hand from the girl's. I turned to see an amused smirk on the girl's face.

"Leave, Eris." Acacia spoke through gritted teeth.

"Why? I was just making friends." She allowed her eyes to roam over my body.

"Well, you won't be doing it with my friends." I felt my heart fall at her referring to me as her friend. Acacia seemed to notice because she had a regretful look on her face.

"Fine... I've already finished what I came to do. See you later, love." She kissed my cheek and then left.

"Ugh! She is SO infuriating!" Acacia's hands were in her hair. "Why is she here?! What the hell-"