43

I was silently eating my breakfast when I heard a commotion outside. I lowered my fork and slowly stood up. I then walked outside to see Vera over one of my security's backs. She kept hitting his back, but he didn't react. She then did a spell to light his clothes on fire. He yelped and dropped her.

Vera took the opportunity to try and run inside, but more security stopped her. They tried to pick her up, but she kicked them. When she saw me, she struggled even more.

Vera pushed the security away and darted towards me. She then jumped on me, so I had to wrap my arms around her to support the additional weight. I chuckled and motioned to the guards that it was fine. They appeared hesitant, but followed my lead. Vera kept bopping me on the head for not visiting often. I allowed her to continue assaulting me as I walked to my room.

I threw her down on my bed. I laughed since she refused to remove her arms from around my waist. I giggled when I fell onto the bed with her. Vera cuddled me as I told her about my terrible love life. Vera was excited about the drama between my two mates.

She did fall off the bed when I told her about Eris. I told her that after she left, we went to the yakuza house and met with Yokoto. We brokered a deal and then Naomi went apeshit, so we had to run from the dragons. Vera arched a brow, so I had to clarify that the yakuza was made up of dragons.

"They're real?!"

"Yep." I popped the 'p.' "They are very real and very scary. By the way... don't get bit by a dragon unless you want your magic to be restrained. I had to get Yugi, who's an angel... both literally and figuratively! He restored my magic, but it was such a pain to voyage through Helvegen and the Isle of Lost Souls without it."

"That's cool though." I rolled my eyes at her excitement. "So what you do next?" She was shaking in anticipation.

"We then went to the light realm and got to see the beautiful realm. I highly recommend visiting there. Anyways, we were there for a wee bit and then went to the elven realm-"

"Isn't Acacia an elf?" I nodded at her question.

"Yep! And I met her family..." Vera smiled and nodded. "I mean her entire family." Her eyes widened. "Her parents are interesting. Her mom is definitely not my biggest fan. Her older brother and sister don't like me. And then Eris is... you know." I then took a second to think. "Now that I think about it, I don't have the best track record with people's family."

"What do you mean?" She titled her head.

"Well, Mel's parents didn't like me. They tried to murder me, remember?" Vera nodded. "Luca's dad experimented on me and tormented me." Vera tilted her head, but nodded. "And then Naomi's entire family wanted me dead." Vera shrugged and nodded in agreement. "Rocco's parents wanted me jailed." Vera arched a brow. "And then Acacia's mom and some of her siblings don't think I should be in her life... so I'm thinking I'm the problem." Vera and I laughed.

"By the way... I'm staying here for as long as you're in Italy." I groaned, so Vera threw a pillow at my face.

X

Vera and I were eating downstairs while Duomo and Ellio had a push up contest. Ellio refused to lose in front of Vera, but Duomo was another breed of male. Vera and I ignored them once they passed 200. Vera was explaining the concept of the Bachelor and why he had like 20 different women vying for his attention. I thought it sounded more like a harem, but Vera adamantly defended against it.

My attention was directed to the door. My breath hitched when my maman and Hailey entered. Hailey looked like a wounded puppy as she followed my maman around. My maman immediately gave me a tight hug. I hugged her back just as tight. I could feel her shaking, so I pulled back to see the tears in her eyes. She immediately wiped them when we made eye contact.