18

"Alright, class!" Nico clapped his hands together. "Today, we will be practicing healing spells."

The class murmured in excitement. Acacia seemed distracted as she watched the teacher. She took notes, but her mind seemed to be somewhere else. I wonder if it had anything to do with that dinner Tatia had mentioned. She rolled her eyes when she glanced at me. I reprimanded myself for being caught. I totally wasn't sneaky like my mum.

"Okay, any questions?" The teacher looked around. "Alright then, I'll be observing you guys." He smiled.

Acacia and I turned to each other. Instead of speaking to me, she picked up the blade and gave herself a small cut. I turned away when the metallic scent of blood wafted through the air. It was a little overwhelming since I could smell the blood of every student in here.

I turned when I heard Acacia say something. I watched as she performed the spell correctly. She then turned to the teacher and gestured to her uninjured hand. Because he was walking over, I cut my hand and mimicked the spell. My wound closed up just as he reached our bench.

"Nice work, you two! But you're supposed to work together. Like heal the other person's wound." He slowly said. "Here." He handed me the blade. "Cut your cheek and then heal her wound, Acacia."

I shrugged and did as he requested. Acacia rolled her eyes and turned to me. I then heard Acacia take a sharp inhalation of air. She was probably nervous since this wasn't something she accounted for. She expected to heal herself and be down with it. Now, the teacher threw a curve ball and told Acacia to figure it out.

"You'll need to touch the wound for better control." Nico advised.

Acacia nodded and held her shaking hand out. She slowly touched my cheek. I fought against my instincts to lean into her touch. Her breath hitched while we locked eyes. The teacher was speaking, but it appeared she was drowning him out. She was transfixed by me and couldn't rip her eyes away. I decided to test my luck and wet my lips.

"Are you okay, Acacia-"

"I need air!" She jumped up and swiftly left the room.

"Uh-"

"Would you mind checking on her?" The teacher's eyes fell. I nodded, causing him to smile. "She just gets so overwhelmed sometimes." Nico sighed.

I stood up and walked out the room. I sensed Acacia outside, so I exited the building. She was marching through the lawn and making her way towards the lake.

"Acacia!" I called out.

"Leave me alone!"

"But we have to do the spell together or we'll both fail the lesson." I trailed after her.

"I don't care!"

"I know you do care. You're a perfectionist and you wouldn't-"

"I said to leave me alone!" She then spelled the lake, so there was ice between us. "Go away!" She began walking across the ice.

I stopped and sighed. She kept walking further away from me. I was about to let her go, but I heard a crack. I used my enhanced vision to see cracks forming along the ice. I watched as the cracks got bigger and stretched to where Acacia was. My eyes widened and I yelled at her.

"Acacia!" She groaned and turned to me. "Be careful! There are cracks-"

"AHHH!" Acacia yelled as she fell through the ice.

I gasped and sped to her. I didn't care if people saw me use my super speed. Her safety was my main priority at the moment. When I got to the hole, I peered inside. I was freaking out since I couldn't see her. I allowed my wolf eyes to shine through. My breath hitched as I saw Acacia struggling to swim to the surface. It looked like her foot was caught in a steel trap. Even though there was water, I could feel the pain she was in. I could also smell the faint scent of blood in the water.

I quickly dove into the water. I used my speed to swim to her. I then broke the steel bear trap and took her in my arms. I then quickly kicked so that we made it to the surface. Acacia took a deep breath when our heads emerged from the water. I easily held her up so she could crawl onto the ice. I then lifted myself out of the water.

Acacia was shivering and I could hear her teeth chattering. I saw that her ankle looked bloody and bruised. I fought against Sloane to control myself. I gently touched her ankle, causing her to flinch and look at me. I then muttered a spell to heal her. I smiled when I saw her wound close up and the bruising fade away.

I felt her gaze, so I met her eyes. I blushed at seeing her lock eyes with mine. I felt nervous under the intensity of her eye contact. I gulped when she moved closer. What was she going to-

Acacia then grabbed my face and pulled me so our lips crashed together. I gasped when she passionately kissed me. I kissed her back and felt a strong bolt of electricity shock me. Acacia pulled back since she also felt the shock. When our eyes reconnected, she had a softer look. It was as if she was overcome by the feeling of love.

She used her thumb to caress my cheek. Acacia sighed and looked down. I knew what was going through her mind, but I didn't want it to interrupt the moment between us. Actually, to hell with it.

I removed Acacia's hand and brought her lips to mine. She was caught off guard, but kissed me back. She held my forearms as we passionately kissed. Acacia licked my lips. I opened my mouth to allow her tongue to enter. I felt like I was on cloud 9.

Acacia and I had finished the three passionate kisses! We accomplished 2 out of the three requirements for bonding in the elven community. I then remembered what Hailey said about the process. The more steps we finished, the stronger Acacia's desire would be to complete the ritual. That meant- NO! I'M TOO YOUNG TO GET MARRIED!

I jerked my head back. Acacia was shocked and confused why I suddenly broke the kiss. She was about to say something, but I panicked and ran away. I heard her calling for me, but I ignored her and kept running. I wasn't looking where I was going, so I ended up barreling into Cam and Xav. They screeched when we toppled to the ground.

"Ow." Cam rubbed his head.

"What's got you running like Jason is chasing you?" Xav sat up.

"Who's Jason?" Xav and Cam looked at each other. "Is that a pop culture reference? Sorry, I don't have much knowledge on those subjects."

"No worries, but that means you definitely have to watch Halloween with us." Cam and Xav smirked at me.

"What-"

"Like tonight!" Xav and Cam pulled me up. "You may want to buy a night light in the future." Xav whispered in my ear.

I turned to look at her, but I didn't realize our faces were so close. I blushed while Xav smirked. She then blew air against my face. She laughed when I squeezed my eyes shut. Xav wrapped an arm around me and guided me after Cam. I felt a wave of jealousy overcome me. I turned and saw Acacia clenching her jaw. I was afraid her teeth would crack from the amount of force she was applying.

I gulped when Acacia sharply turned away and stormed off. Umm... she looks mad. 

And we have our beloved Zena running away from her problems. We have an angry Acacia on our hands, so how do you think she'll react? I love writing bitchy and angry Acacia.