13

Inara took us to a less populated area on the beach. We were a good distance from other people. Xav and Inara smirked before picking me up. I began screaming and thrashing around. Lizzie and Cam laughed at me when the sisters dunked me in the water. I glared at them since my clothes were now drenched. The sisters laughed and then dove into the water. I then gasped when I saw their tails.

Okay, they totally get away with dunking me. Xav was the first to resurface. She winked and used her tail to splash me. I asked for permission to touch her purple tail. She chuckled and motioned for me to go ahead.

"It's scaly like a fish." I scrunched up my face.

"What were you expecting? Something smooth?" Inara's head surfaced next to me. "Like mine?"

"It's green!" I squealed and touched her tail. "Ooooh, where's your pet dolphin?"

"Flipper?!" I nodded at Inara. "Let me call him!"

I watched Inara' eyes glow. She then rested her hands on the surface of the water. I watched her open her mouth, allowing for a melodic sound to exit. I was enamored with her voice. She then returned to normal and pointed past me. I turned my head to see a dolphin happily swimming towards us.

"He's very hyper by the way." Xav whispered.

I screamed as the dolphin crashed into me. I closed my eyes as I was underwater. I then felt the dolphin move between my arms, forcing me to hold onto him. He then broke the surface with me. The sisters and Jordan laughed at me. Cam and Lizzie yelled that they were leaving for food.

I tightened my grip around Flipper as he swam with me. I giggled when he'd go underwater with me. I was able to hold my breath for a long time, so Flipper swam by a few reefs. I then saw the sisters dive underwater to swim alongside me. Xav was able to use her abilities so I could understand when she spoke underwater. I nodded when Inara pointed out a few crabs.

Xav and I died laughing when the crab pinched Inara. Inara was screaming underwater while trying to fling the crab off her finger. The crab stubbornly held on, so Flipper crunched down on the crab. I was in shock when Flipper munched away on the crab. Inara smiled and thanked Flipper for rescuing her.

Flipper then decided that I was overdue for air. He swam to the surface and allowed me to breathe. The sisters emerged and went to tickle the dolphin. Xav swam away to help Jordan get here faster. Inara spotted Flipper's pod, so we bid the dolphin goodbye. He yipped and nuzzled his nozzle against my cheek. I chuckled and gave him a hug. He then swam and did a flip in the air. Inara and I laughed as we watched the acrobatic dolphin.

I saw some hunchback whales in the distance. I pointed to them, so Xav created a wave to propel us to the whales. Jordan was holding onto Xav since we were really deep in the ocean. I giggled and tried to ride the wave like a surfboard. When we got to the whales, Xav suddenly stopped the wave so I went flying. I did a flip and fell onto a whale.

The whale responded by releasing water from its blowhole. Everyone laughed as I was drenched in the water. Jordan climbed on top of the whale and began to slowly advance towards me. Inara kept jumping over the whales while Xav spoke to them. She touched their faces and smiled at them.

"They're cool with us playing around with them." Xav smiled at us. "Though, they want to swim with you guys."

"But it's so deep." Jordan glanced at the endless depth.

"We'll get you if you drown." Inara smirked at us.

"Live a little." I backflipped off the whale.

I swam to the next whale and allowed it to guide me underwater. I kicked my legs as fast as I could to keep up. It was funny since the whale was obviously slowing down so I could keep up. I then saw another whale swim underneath me while another one swam over me. Xav appeared next to me and told me the two whales were siblings. The larger one was a girl and the smaller one was a boy. I swam to the surface and looked at the one who was still supporting Jordan.

"Is that their mother?" I pointed at the massive whale.

"Yep!" Inara flipped over the whale.

"And she says that her kids really want to play." Xav chuckled.

"What are some whale games?"

"They like to swim with people." Inara back floated next to me. "Dolphins love to play keep away or get high on pufferfish." Xav rolled her eyes, but nodded at Inara.

"You can get high on pufferfish?"

"Dolphins do." Inara splashed me. "Jordan! Get in the water!"

"Fine." He grumbled and cannon balled. "We should get back to the others." He swam to us.

"That's true. I want to make sandcastles." Xav smiled and created a wave for us to ride back.

We arrived to see Cam and Lizzie eating their snow cones. We jogged out the water and walked to them. Inara did a trick where she controlled the water molecules on our bodies. It was cool to see her remove the water to instantly dry us. I was wondering where they kept the clothes they were wearing.

"Where'd you put your clothes before?" I turned to Xav.

"We anchored them to the bottom of the ocean via rocks. I forced the water to propel the clothes to us. We then changed before exiting the water." She shrugged.

"So you guys don't automatically change if you get water on you?"

"This isn't like H2O!" Inara grumbled. "We don't just change if we get a drop of water on us. That would be so stupid and inconvenient."

"I don't know what you mean? H2O like water or-"

"It was an Australian tv show about mermaids. Then they did an American spinoff called Mako mermaids." Xav explained.

"I personally prefer the Australian version. Ricky! Cleo!" Inara jumped around. "It was really good!"

Cam complained about being hungry, so we went to a restaurant. Lizzie suggested we eat at a seafood restaurant and then smirked at the sisters. They rolled their eyes and entered the establishment. I ordered a seafood pasta while the others ordered random items.

"Are you sure you won't be eating your friends?" Jordan teased the sisters.

"What if you accidentally ate your friend?" Cam laughed while Lizzie shoved him.

"That has happened..." Inara trailed off.

"Really?" My eyes widened.

"Think of it like Sebastian in the Little Mermaid, except... he didn't escape." Xav let out an awkward chuckle.

"That was surely a feast." Inara sipped her water.

"Are we done asking them about eating their close friends?" Lizzie smiled while the sisters rolled their eyes. "After this, wanna go to a party?"

"Which party?" Cam asked.

"The main party of the semester!" Inara spoke. "And obviously!"

"We'd have to freshen up before going." Xav yawned. "You coming, Z?"

"Do I have an option?"

"NO!" They all answered.