Acacia POV: 3

The next day, we had active spell caster training. This meant that we'd be putting our lessons to the test and training against other students. Normally, shapeshifters were grouped together and anyone who could do magic was grouped together. The vamps worked amongst themselves since no one wanted any casualties when it came to blood. This was one of those rare instances where Tatia and I couldn't partner up together.

I shrugged and walked onto the fields to see a disgusting sight before me. How dare Monica flirt with Zena?! Wait! Why do I care?! It's not like I like Zena. I hate her with a burning passion! I marched you to them and told Monica to find a new partner. Zena was scared shitless when I told her that we'd be partnering up. She just went along with it and followed me to a remote section. Actually, I'm gonna get her back.

I smirked and conjured up a ball of fire. Zena's eyes widened as I threw it at her. She ducked... so she has quick reflexes. What a shame. I then conjured up my blades and chased her around with them. I laughed when she screamed bloody murder. I was having a lot of fun until Headmistress Bridgette and Josephine stopped us. I disintegrated the sword and stopped.

Zena and I were summoned to the office where we were given detention. I was mad because I couldn't risk my parents finding out. I'd be heavily punished if my mom knew I broke a rule. I somehow turned the blame on Zena and left her entirely confused.

X

The next day, I was directed to wait in the theater room. I was getting impatient at having to wait for Zena, especially when the club members were staring at me. It was uncomfortable to be stared at, unless it was Zena. Wait! What?! Ugh! Stop thinking about that she-devil... that's actually funny since Nat is a legit devil.

I rolled my eyes when Headmistress Bridgette and Zena entered. We were instructed to help the crew in decorating the set. I rolled my eyes, but Headmistress Bridgette had such an intense glare that I immediately buckled. I quickly nodded and walked off to perform the task.

I demanded Zena pick up the prop box and follow me around. She agreed, so I was able to switch out the props much faster. Some students tried any excuse to talk to me, so I'd just glare at them. I honestly have zero interest in any student that is not Zena- what did I just say?! Eww! No! Not like that! I just mean that she's new, so I find her interesting to get to know or- ugh!

"Are you going to stay mute this entire time?" I asked. I needed anything to take my mind off her, but then why was I talking to her if I didn't want to think about her?! I'm confusing myself!

"I-I thought you didn't want me to speak to you." Zena whispered. Huh, why would she think that?

"Why?" I was beyond confused. Did I tell her to stay quiet? I didn't remember-

"Because you always seem..." She trailed off. Well?! I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at her. "I was under the impression you didn't like me." She looked down.

"I don't not like you." I blushed and looked away. "You just- ugh! You're so infuriating!" I marched off. I couldn't stand to be in that girl's presence for- wait? Where is she? Why didn't she follow me? "Are you just gonna stand there?!" I then motioned for her to follow me.

Zena followed me around and held the box out for me. I'd walk off, so her tiny legs would have to run to catch up. It was kinda cute. KINDA! Not really cute, but kinda cute. I don't find her cute. She's just- ugh!

"You're really quiet." I continued rearranging the decorations.

"It's really confusing when you wish for me to speak and when you want me to be quiet." Zena mumbled, but I heard her.