16

Amelia = Mum

Lara= Maman

I spent the night at the villa since I wanted to spend some more time with my mum. After I ate breakfast, I called Hailey over. We walked through the portal and landed in our dorm room. We then went to our classes for the day.

Nothing exciting happened, except for Inara chatting the entire physics class. We were partnered together, so I spent the time doing the worksheet while she talked about how her sister was annoying her. She and Xav had to return home over the weekend because their grandmother had come to visit. Inara was excited, but Xav was upset because she wanted to go on a date with this guy.

Inara then immediately slapped her hand over her mouth. She then looked at me with wide eyes. I laughed and assured her I wouldn't be telling anyone.

"You don't have a crush on my sister, do you?" She whispered.

"No." I smiled.

"Phew!" She let out a breath of relief. "I was worried you'd be disappointed." I arched a brow at her comment. "I just thought you may like her."

"I like her as a friend." I assured the girl. "And I like you as a friend." Inara gave me a toothy grin. "What are you doing later, anyways?"

"Probs doing more of this stupid homework and then go to the pool or something." She shrugged. "What about you?"

"I'll be doing whatever tasks the headmistresses deem appropriate for Acacia and I." I sighed. "I think they get a kick out of punishing me." I knew that as a fact since Bridey often commented about making the further tasks more annoying. I think they had no intention of stopping the "punishments."

"Sorry you have to do that again." Inara sighed. "It kinda sucks that you have to do that since she went crazy on your ass." I chuckled with my friend.

"No worries. It's not the worst thing I have to do if I'm being honest." I shrugged. "I could be forced to communicate with Hailey 24/7." I smirked and snuck a peek at an unimpressed Hailey. Inara and I laughed when Hailey rolled her eyes.

The rest of the day was uneventful. After my final class, I walked to Franni's office since that's where I sensed Acacia. Franni looked up with her stoic expression. Even though she appeared neutral, I could tell she was having fun with this. She motioned for us to follow her down the hall. We walked into an attic to see the entire room covered in dust and cobwebs. Do people really come up here?

Franni made Acacia and I organize some of the old supplies. She then walked down the steps to leave us to our duties. I had to blow dust off the covers to actually see the products inside. Acacia coughed before glaring at me. She then walked off to do her own thing.

I tilted my head when I picked up some old photographs. Well, it was more like an old painting. I cleared the dust off so I could have a better look. I was shocked to see a painting with my gran-aunts, another woman, and three men. I quickly deduced that one of the younger men was my grandfather, but I didn't know which one. This must be when they were still living under one roof.

The older man had a crown on his head, so he must've still been king. I'm curious which of the sons was my evil grandfather. I peered at the painting and decided that the guy with brown hair was the evil one. Even though both men were stone faced, the one with brown hair appeared more cynical. I placed the painting down and kept rummaging through the box.

I found another painting with my gran-aunts, grandmother, uncle, maman, and my grandfather. So I was right that the brown haired man was the evil king. They all appeared rigid, except my grandfather. He seemed to be confident and at ease. I felt a chill run up my spine at seeing his composed face.

I was hoping for more insight into his character, so I kept searching through the boxes. I arched a brow when I picked up a sturdy book. It seemed to be very frail, so I carefully flipped through the pages. I recognized the calligraphy to be Franni's. I skimmed her cursive and realized it was a diary. I saw an entry dated back 3,000 years ago. Damn, didn't realize they were that old.

This entry talked about the vile ways of her brother, Joaquin. Her and her sisters witnessed Joaquin kill their other brother, Pierre. She and her sisters fled out of fear of Joaquin's wrath. They knew he'd now be the heir to the throne and were worried of the mistreatment that he would enact on every species. I was about to read more, but I heard Acacia grunt.

I placed the book down and went to check it out. I saw her struggling to open a box. She rolled her eyes when she saw me. Wordlessly, I opened the box with ease and handed her the supplies inside. She huffed and turned her back to me. I sighed and followed after her.

"You need to get that." Acacia pointed to a high shelf.

"But you're taller than me." She rolled her eyes at me. "I can use magic, but-"

"Even I can do that." She flicked her wrist, resulting in the ledge breaking.

We quickly moved out the way of the falling boxes. I wasn't looking where I was going, so I tripped over a box. As I was falling, I grasped onto the closest thing to me for support. Unfortunately, that was Acacia. I accidentally brought her down with me. I landed on my back with Acacia on my chest. That wasn't the worst part... we landed where her lips were on mine.

Acacia then deeply kissed me. I responded to her caressing my lips with hers. Another spark went off when I grabbed her sides. Acacia's hands roamed along my sides as we passionately kissed on the floor. I softly moaned when her hand teased my area.

Acacia snapped out of her daze when she heard that sound. She quickly scrambled off me. I followed her action and stood up. I felt my heart break when she used the back of her hand to wipe her lips. She then stared at me with a pissed off expression.

"What the hell is wrong with you, pervert?!"

"I-I fell and then I-"

"You did that on purpose so we would kiss!" She yelled.

"No! I-"

"Listen here, pervert." She jabbed me with her finger. "We will never happen. I'm not a homosexual! I'm fully hetero and have a fiancé waiting for me." She crossed her arms.

"I never said you were gay-"

"That's right! I'm not! So don't ever kiss me again, freak!" She then brushed past me.

I threw my hands up in frustration. This girl was certainly gonna be the death of me. I did a spell to cleanup the room and place the supplies in the designated areas. I then angrily walked to my room.

I loudly slammed the door shut, startling Hailey. I began yelling about how Acacia was pissing me off to the max. Hailey quietly sat while I ranted about the damn beautiful elf. Hailey wanted to say something, but I still wasn't done. I kept complaining about how she would kiss me and then would be angry at me. How can she be angry at me when she's the one who kissed me?!

"This is the second kiss?" I nodded. "Damn, her bond to you is becoming stronger. It's almost overpowering. She's gonna be agitated until she can kiss you the final time."

"So she's allowed to freely kiss me whenever she feels overwhelmed and then can yell at me?" I raised a brow.

"I'll make an analogy... you are to her the way blood is to a vampire... utterly irresistible and indescribable."

"That's poetic." I rolled my eyes.

"All I'm saying is that you should prepare for more of her mood swings." I loudly groaned while Hailey smirked.

Second passionate 💋 is down, so only one more smooch to go. Based on the trend, who do you think will be the one to initiate the last kiss?