9

I grabbed a plate of food and made my way to our table. I sat next to Lizzie and Jordan. The two were yelling about which sport was superior. Hailey sat down with Cam. The two were hysterically laughing about cats in suits or something.

I heard the door open and it was like time stopped. I watched the blond beauty, Tatia, Natalie, and another blond. Everyone watched as they approached the table in the middle. I then realized that Natalie was an occupant at the popular table. I snuck a peek at their rival's table. The hostility in the air was obvious, but I didn't see a girl stick out, so I'm guessing the leader isn't here yet.

I saw Tatia speak to the blond goddess. My heart was beating so fast I thought it'd explode. The blond took the watch and examined it. Tatia also handed her the note and explained what I did. I saw the blond looking around the room for me, so I quickly turned to Inara. She was talking about her pet dolphin and how much she missed him. I turned to Xav, but she shrugged.

My eyes connected with Hailey's quizzical ones. I signaled that I'd speak to her later. She nodded and turned back to Cam, but I could feel her occasional eyes on me. Lizzie looked past me and chuckled.

"Zena, did you do something to infuriate a group of girls today?"

"Maybe." I began chewing on my pasta.

"I guess that makes sense why we're receiving daggers from the royal bitches." Xav smirked.

"We're what?" Cam jumped.

"Yeah, I can feel their gazes, but I'm ignoring them." I shrugged and continued eating. I was much more interested in this delicious pasta than angry girls. Pasta is so delicious!

"You do realize they can hear you, right?" I stopped mid bite. "I'm guessing you didn't know that." Jordan laughed while I groaned.

"Black haired murderess is Tatia." Xav smirked while I nodded. "She's a vamp with magical gifts."

"I met her in class." I mumbled.

"And we know Natalie." Hailey stated in utter disinterest.

"Less intimidating blond is Cara." Jordan said. "She's a wolf."

"And bitchy blond is Acacia. She's a fairy." Xav said. Huh, so that's how you pronounce her name. It's literally: uh/ kay / shuh.

"Like tinkerbell?" I asked.

Before Xav could answer, I heard an offended huff. We turned to see Acacia glaring at us with her mouth hung open. Her friends were laughing their asses off... even Tatia was in hysterics.

"Exactly like tinkerbell." Inara laughed.

"So she has fairy dust? And we have to say we believe in her, otherwise she dies, right?" Everyone laughed at my joke. Acacia's friends laughed even louder.