42

I hid my face in my hands while tears streamed out my eyes. I felt used and dirty. I allowed Eris to trick me and then use a spell to get me to be complicit. I really need Hailey right now, but I don't know where she is. I needed a person I could trust since I don't know what Eris' intentions were. She was running loose in the human realm and who knows what havoc she has in store.

I wiped away my tears and rolled off my bed. I exited my room and headed to one of the people I trusted the most. I knew Acacia wouldn't want to speak to me, as well as I had no idea where she ran off to. I exited my dorm and went to another dorm. It was locked, so I used my magic to open the door.

I then ran up the stairs (elevators would've taken too long). I then frantically knocked on the door, but I heard moans instead of footsteps. I arched a brow at the noise, but kept knocking. I could hear the people on the other side get annoyed, but they refused to stop. I was impatient, so I kicked open the door.

I really wished I had been patient. If I had been patient, I wouldn't have been subjected to watching a naked girl straddle Naomi. Naomi's eyes widened when she saw it was me. I turned my head away, so she wouldn't see the tears fall. Why am I crying over her?! I've been stringing both of them along this entire time!

Naomi moved the girl off her and quickly got dressed. She tried to move, but I held a hand up to stop her. I was far too emotional right now and needed to leave. Naomi tried to say something, but I sped out of her room. I stopped when I reached a pond.

I couldn't deal anymore and created a portal. I needed a shoulder to cry on and who better than... Mum! She was startled when I entered the office. She immediately threw her stuff down and embraced me in a hug. Based on how tight she was holding me, I must've disappeared for a long time. I felt her tears wet my neck.

"I'm so relieved." Her arms tightened around me. "You were gone for so long."

"How long was I missing?" I looked at her.

"A month." I sighed and looked down. "It was like I was reliving my nightmare of losing you." She looked at me. "We thought the worst since the barrier changed after you guys crossed over, so we had no way of tracking you."

"Right... where's Hailey?"

"Helping to scour the world for you." My mum's tone got darker. "Your maman gave her a good screaming and reprimanding."

"It's my fault, so she-"

"She's an adult and your guardian. She should've told you no." She stated.

"I was going either way, whether Hailey agreed or not. She knew that and thought it was better to join me than to allow me to go alone. Seems like she and Duomo have something in common... blaming themselves for my disappearances." I dryly chuckled.

"That's not why you're here though." I shook my head no. "Let me call off the searches and then I'm all yours." My mum smiled and picked up the phone to dial everyone. My mum quickly finished up the call and looked at me. "I feel like this is a serious conversation." I nodded. "So this includes heavy carbs and sweets, right?"

"Yep! Cue all you can eat pasta, pizza, and gelato!"

My mum ordered the wolves return to the compound for a debriefing, but some had to pick up our takeout. I greeted Duomo, my uncle, and Ellio. They were relieved to see me and wanted to spend more time with me, but my mum shooed them away. She claimed we had an important mother-daughter date.

My mum took me to her room. She then slammed the door in the boys' faces. We then jumped on her bed and began eating while speaking. I told her about why I decided to go to Japan. She wasn't happy, but grateful that I was able to secure an ally. She informed me that Yokoto pledged loyalty to our side after I toppled into the pit with Acacia. He had no idea a realm was there and felt guilty at being the reason I disappeared.