31

"Was that really necessary?!" Acacia screamed at Naomi.

There was no point in being quiet anymore since we were being chased! I squeaked and pulled Naomi towards me. A blast of fire was blown where she had previously been. Hailey pushed us into a narrow alley. We made an effort to run under the metal ladders to avoid being hit by the flames.

We found a shady area, so we pressed ourselves against the wall. I could practically hear my heart beating out my chest. I felt Acacia grab my hand in fear. I gave her a comforting smile, which caused her to relax a little.

Crunch

Our breaths hitched as we looked up. The concrete on the roof cracked under the weight of the dragon's claw. Hailey moved out the way of a falling stone. The red dragon stuck his head out and began searching for us. We could hear the territorial growl as it surveyed the alley. Acacia pressed deeper against the wall as the dragon began to slither along the roof.

Hailey squeaked when the dragon stopped over our head. Dammit Hailey! The dragon's eyes met ours, resulting in it growling. When it opened its mouth, we decided it was time to go. We escaped just as it breathed fire at us. The wind from its wings flung us to the ground. I saw it diving to Hailey, so I did a spell to propel it away.

Acacia had to duck in order to avoid being crushed. I gave Hailey a glare since she had endangered Acacia. Hailey responded with a sheepish smile. Acacia quickly ran to me when the dragon stood up. I heard shouting so I glanced behind to see the yakuza speeding towards us. Hailey yanked me and Naomi inside a warehouse. I needed time to create a portal.

I was about to perform the spell, but the dragon crashed through the building. Naomi and Acacia screamed since the force hurled them into a wall. I screamed when the dragon bit down on my shoulder. Hailey sped over and punched the dragon's eye. It flinched, so Hailey used that opportunity to pry its jaws off my shoulder.

Hailey dragged me away from the animal. I used my left hand to apply pressure to the injury. The yakuza came in while slashing their machetes and swords in the air. Acacia gritted her teeth when she saw my wound. She conjured up her sword and faced them head on. Naomi pushed me down and began assessing my wound. Hailey sped around, fighting off our attackers.

"How bad is it?" I looked away.

"Not bad if you don't mind a chunk of your shoulder missing." Naomi remarked. I made the mistake of looking. I grimaced at seeing my arm loosely hanging on.

"This will take a while to heal." I groaned.

"DIE YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" I watched as Acacia slashed a guy's head off. "TOUCH HER AGAIN AND YOU'LL BE DICKLESS!"

I quickly used my magic to separate Acacia from the dragon. She can't seriously be thinking about- oh, yah! She was serious! I pushed Naomi off and had to use my magic to drag Acacia to me. I used my free hand to grab onto her so she wouldn't attack the dragon. She's insane if she thinks- Acacia broke my hold and ran towards the dragon.

"HAILEY!"

Hailey quickly sped and picked up Acacia. She then raced back to us with a kicking Acacia over her shoulders. Acacia was a huffing mess when Hailey placed her down.

"This is all your fault!" Acacia shouted at Naomi.

"My fault?! How is this-"

"You just had to piss them off, didn't you?! Gosh! You can never be civil!"

"Out of the billions of people in the world, you had to pick these two idiots." Hailey jabbed her thumb at the pair. "Slim pickings I guess." She mumbled.