nightmares

Steve Rogers crashed a Quinjet in the ice, freezing over. He then watched as the love of his life lived her life in front of his eyes. She went on day by day, doing mission and filing paperwork. But she always took time to grieve him everyday. She though he was dead and it broke him to see her that way. He watched as she grew older each day, falling in love and falling out of love with men who weren't worth her time. She deserved better and it hurt him that he couldn't be the one to give that to her. She eventually got married and had children of her own. But he could see that she was still hurting each day and there was nothing that he could do. On days that she broke down crying, he screamed for her, but she couldn't hear or see him. He thought that he would be forgotten by her as she moved on and found happiness, but that never happened. Eventually, he saw her die, of a ripe old age, having lived her life whilst he was still frozen in time. He awoke to find his friends, family and his love dead. A strange new world without her in it, called the 21st century. 

He wakes up with a scream, sweating profusely and shaking uncontrollably. His nightmares had always been this way, ever since e had woken up from the ice those years ago. But tonight was different. Instead of the usual brunette he saw in his dreams, Peggy Carter, he saw someone else. A certain red head, who in the room adjacent to his had just experienced a nightmare as well.  She was handcuffed to the bed, something she had picked up from the Red Room and never seemed to shake even after years later. It kept her grounded, and prevented her from harming others when she had nightmares, although sometimes she often ended up harming herself instead. 

"Shoot her, Natalia," Madame B commands, handing her a gun. 

She had done this countless times before but somehow this time something in her didn't want to pull the trigger. A weakness of some sort. No, she couldn't afford to have a weakness. She had to be strong. She had to pull the trigger. 

"Who is it?" She asks, hand on the trigger, her eyes fixed on the target, part of her still unwilling to shoot. 

Madame B smirks, "Does it matter? Finish her, or Yelena will."

A wisp of red hair falls from her ponytail as she squeezes her eyes shut and pulls the trigger. 

"Good job Natalia," Madame B says, revealing the victim by pulling off the bag from her head. Anya. Her only friend, and greatest source of comfort. And she killed her. 

A tear falls from her eyes and she hastily wipes it away, but it does not escape the watchful eyes of the Madame.

"You're weak Natalia. Soldier, take her away." Madame B commands the greasy haired figure standing in the corner sulking, his metal arm gleaming in the light. 

"Yes Ma'am," he drones lifelessly.

She knows that in some way he's like her, trapped and controlled, just that he's much worse. 

He forces her into a cell and locks the door. He looks up and down at her, smirking as she backs into the corner. 

"Please don't do this," she begs, his face getting dangerously close to her neck. 

He kisses her neck, licking her collarbone and following down her body, removing her clothes along the way until she's standing naked in front of him as he marvels at her curves and lines. 

"Soldier," she whispers, tears rolling down her cheeks. 

"Calm down sweetheart, we haven't even gotten to the fun part yet," he says in Russian as he grabs her breast, squeezing it so hard she gives a yelp of pain. His other hand touches her core, roughly pushing two fingers inside of her. 

She screams. "Stop!"

He continues to thrust his fingers in and out of her as he strips himself with his other hand, revealing a very erect cock. 

"Soldier!" She screams. 

He doesn't stop. He never does. He plunges into her, thrusting with all his might, not caring whether he was hurting her. 

Natasha wakes up with a scream and was shaking uncontrollably. 

She decides to get up and make herself something in the kitchen, the same time Steve decide to do the same. They open their doors. 

Natasha's crestfallen face fades into a small smile when she sees Steve. She looks between his blues eyes and his room door. 

"What are you doing here?" He asks. 

She smiles. "Couldn't sleep. You?"

He sighs. "Nightmares. You?"

She nods. "Yeah, me too," she says in a small voice, one Steve isn't accustomed to. She always seemed so confident, so strong. But then again, the strongest ones hid the most pain. Something was different. She was vulnerable. 

"Oh," He whispers, not knowing what to say. Her eyes are puffy and her face is streaked with tears. "Wanna talk about it?"

"No." She says silently, turning on her heel to walk to the kitchen, where she had originally planned before he had interrupted her. He follows suit. 

She stands in the kitchen. contemplating between the bar and bottles of wine or the coffee and tea. 

"You know, I heard alcohol cures insomnia," Steve says, appearing behind her and grabbing the bottle of vodka and two glasses. 

"Does it know?" she teases back, knowing that he's trying to lighten the mood. 

He pours the liquor out into two glasses and hands one to her, taking a sip out of his. "I dreamt about you," he mutters.

"What?" She looks at him in shock and gulps down her liquid, scrunching her nose as it goes down too fast and it hurts her head. 

He offers to refill her glass and she declines. "I saw you in my dreams Natasha. And I lost you. I don't wanna lose you. I need you." He breaks down, his hands shaking, the liquid in his glass threatening to spill. 

She moves closer to him and gently pries the glass out of his hands, setting it down on the countertop. His whole body is still shaking so she wraps his arms around him and holds him tight. 

And in that moment, suddenly it seems right. In a world of pain and trauma and nightmares, they might have just done one thing right. 

A/N: the ending line giving me in the death of her reputation she felt truly alive vibes. a very very slow update coming your way because like i said in my announcement, im working on a script for my school's production adapted from both the movie and broadway production <<3