secrets we keep

The first thing that the Avengers, specifically Tony noticed was the fact that Natasha never joined them at the breakfast table in the morning. She usually did, after her morning gym sessions. She was quiet and ate in silence but she was there. These days, however, her presence was rarely there. Tony had gone down to the gym on a few occasions to find her but she wasn't there either. He figured she might have taken a run with Sam and Steve but his theory was debunked when both of them showed face at the breakfast table without Natasha after their run. 

The next strange thing that they noticed was the way she held back in training. Usually when they trained she trained with them and put full force and energy into it. But of late, she was holding back, making excuses and avoiding the gym at all costs. The Avengers had requested her spar with Cap, since they were both equally matched. Cap had looked at her with a hesitant glance as she bit her lip. Eventually they fought but it wasn't as intense as everyone hoped. Steve was holding back his punches and going easy on her. Natasha was defending herself, or more specifically her abdomen, instead of the usual confidence in her eyes, there was fear and hesitation. Eventually Tony rolled his eyes and called it, and no one spoke about that sparring session again. 

Tony threw a massive party one day, knowing that the chance of Steve and Natasha attending was slim. But he knew something was up with them and they were hiding something. Of course, Tony, being Tony, needed or more specifically wanted to know. To his surprise, they did attend, but didn't stay for long. They left early for their 'after party' (^^aka sex) as always. But there was definitely something off. Tony couldn't figure it out. He thought back to their game of truth or dare with all the Avengers. Did Natasha sip out of her glass? Her glass started full and ended empty, but Tony had never seen her sip a drop of alcohol. Steve and Natasha had sat next to each other, casting fugitive glaces at each other as the game progressed. And when Natasha was supposed to take a sip she had held the glass up to her lips. Tony doubted she actually had a sip of the alcohol, which could only mean one thing- Steve and her had swapped glasses all night long, right under their noses. Oh god. Tony put the pieces together and it came to him. 

_

Natasha had hoped to keep her secret under wraps for as long as she could. The only people who knew other than her and Steve were Fury and Hill. When she first found out it was because she had been throwing up for days and days with no end. When the nausea didn't go away, she took a test which confirmed her suspicions. It had came back positive and Natasha was shocked, excited and scared at the same time. Steve and her agreed on not telling the others until it was stable because, 1. it was medically not possible, 2. her body could kill it without her knowing, you never know, 3. Tony would probably obsess over it too much and yell at them to name it after him. 

She started showing signs of fatigue and slept in more, spending most of her time in the room. On the rare occasion that she did leave, it was only to steal the jar of peanut butter from the common room after she had finished her own. Damn these cravings. Steve was mostly worried about her not eating enough and constantly throwing up but Natasha assured him it was normal and totally fine. 

That one time Tony threw a party, she was expected to attend. She tried to hide it, but she was a nervous wreck the whole night. She had worn a black dress, which was super flowy to hide the small curve of her growing belly and it had a neckline which hopefully had distracted everyone to her boobs instead. In order to disguise the fact that she couldn't drink, she had stuck to Steve the entire night and they had the exact same drinks, with Steve alternating sips between the two and swapping glasses. They were careful to make sure that they weren't caught and left early for a little after party. 

Natasha's sex drive increased a lot, like a lot kind of a lot. She and Steve were having sex on a daily basis, almost 3 to 4 times a day. It really wasn't her fault though, her hormones had caused blood to rush to her sex organs, causing her to be horny and crave sex a lot more. Not that Steve was complaining either, but if he had to admit it, it was little over the top sometimes and slowly driving him insane. He tried his best to hide it, and tried his best to tend to all of her needs but sometimes he was just too exhausted for sex. Natasha understood that but her hormones sometimes had the best of her and she would end up breaking down over the smallest things. 

On top of all that, she couldn't take her anxiety meds, which meant that a panic attack would come more frequently and she couldn't control it. The added stress and anxiety from both keeping the baby a secret as well as worrying about how her body would react to the baby wasn't helping her case either. 

That one time Tony had requested her spar with Steve during training, they had been gentle and cautious, throwing weak punches and defending more than attacking. Tony had eventually called it off but they suspected he knew something was up. 

_

It wasn't until the 12th week of Natasha's pregnancy when Tony had confirmed his suspicions. The team was watching a movie in the lounge room and Natasha and Steve had attended, much to everyone's surprise. Honestly no one was really paying attention to the movie. Natasha was constantly whispering things into Steve's ear which caused him to smile and little and casually brush his fingers across her belly, which was concealed by one of his hoodies. Perks of being small and stealing your husband's hoodies. Tony was watching the Romanogers closely and his eyes widened when Natasha had stopped Steve's hand from brushing across her belly but instead pressing it down gently and snuggling further into him. Steve had used his other hand to pull her closer and placed it just below the curve of her belly, revealing a small baby bump. Damn, she really was pregnant. Bruce owed him $20 now. 

A/N: well i hope this makes up for the inactiveness and sad ones. this is lowkey super sweet so- also im in the midst of writing the third installment of breakup sex and second chances in which they get back together. anyways i hope you like this and thank you for reading!! please comment and vote thank u!! <<3