all of you

Natasha and Steve were close. Some may argue closer than friends, a couple even, but not quite. You see, their relationship was complicated, it always had been. They thought they were friends, and they were, for a while. Until they kissed on that escalator and went on the run together. They were close, but no one knew what they were. It wasn't until one drunken night of passion where they finally figured it out and got their shit together. 

They didn't mean to drink that much, and they had hoped that Steve's super serum was able to counter that much alcohol but apparently vodka was a killer. Russian vodka from the Russian spy obviously. 

And that's when she kissed him and whispered, actually more like slurred in his ear, "You look so hot right now Captain, I wonder what that pretty mouth of yours can do."

And without thinking, he smoothly followed up. "Fuck you, of course." He had been thinking actually, he had been thinking it for a very long time. And he hated to admit it because everyone always saw him as righteous and all that but he had thought about screwing his coworker, Natasha in particular, for the longest time. He had wet dreams about her, and dreamed about hr naked, grinding onto him. The mere thought made him grow hard and he couldn't resist the urges anymore, dragging her out of the bar and into his room upstairs. 

It was there, in the motel room where they consumated, made love, fucked, screw, shagged, hooked up, whatever you wanna call it. 

And it was passionate alright, record breakingly fast with clothes thrown all over the place and them all over each other the entire night, enough to leave them sore, tired and guilty the next day. 

But that didn't stop them. They hooked up again and again time and time after. Sneaking away at the Avengers Compound, renting motel rooms when out on missions or even doing it secretly in the hanger one time. 

They never defined themselves though. Like were they a couple? Maybe friends with benefits? There wasn't a title. They just screwed and screwed and somehow that was enough for both of them, until it wasn't. 

"I don't want us to be just friends, I don't want just sex. God damn it, I want the whole thing. I want all of you." Steve confesses as they lay in each others' arms, sweaty from the aftermath of their passion. 

Natasha doesn't have a response. Their relationship had been a sex in and out thing, simple and uncomplicated. This would fuck things up real bad, wouldn't it? Or would it work out between them. 

"I don't know what we are Steve. And I like it this way. I don't wanna fuck things up." She whispers. He nods. He understands, but at the same time he still wants more. 

And she overthinks the rest of the night as they're at it yet again. Is she not enough for him, is that why he wants more? Or is she too much and he wants a break? Did she do something to make him feel this way? And is a relationship more complicated than just sex worth the risk. For him, maybe. But would she ever trust a man with her heart again after the last one shattered it into pieces? But it wasn't his fault he was catching feelings, because as much as she hated to admit it, she was slowly falling in love too. And no, this couldn't be it, she couldn't allow herself to complicate things. Steve was her best friend, who she occasionally, okay maybe all the time, screwed. So what were they then? Friends with benefits? Unofficially a thing? This was way worse than she thought. 

"Are we a couple?" She asks. She's unsure and so is he. 

"Sort of." Is the only definite answer he can give. "Like we do all the normal things but we don't have a title. And that's okay too."

She can sense his hesitant voice. "Are you sure that's okay?"

He doesn't know what answer to give her. He wants so badly to say yes, but afraid his advances might scare her away. "I don't know."

"Steve-" There's something about the tone of her voice that makes him want to tell the truth and he knows that he cannot lie to her. 

"No." He confesses. She lets out a sigh. "I love you Natasha. And it's soo scary but I really do. I love you so much it hurts. I love you to the point that I would do anything for you, so if this is what you want, I'm willing to do it."

"I don't know if I-" she begins to protest. 

He cuts her off. "You don't have to give me an answer right away. You can think over it."

There's something about him that makes her trust him and something about his words that makes her say, "Yes."

And is that it? Is that happy ever after? 

For a while, yes. It works out, their relationship is perfect, there's sex, laughter, tears, they share every moment of their lives together. Can it get too much? Sometimes, yes. But they've persevered so far, they can make it work. Can they?

Cue the first cracks in the glass, the possessive behaviours, the jealousy, the anger. As cliche as it is, they find themselves out in the rain, in the middle of a fight. 

"You were my best friend, my favourite person. then we got ourselves into this mess and we rather fucked it up. But I love you Natasha, and nothing will ever stop me from loving you. I just don't know how to fix this."

"The world is fucked up, we simply added on to it." She reasons, knowing they're slowly reaching their breaking point. 

He knows the end is coming. "So there are two ways we can do this, we can just end it or we can try and work it out, but I can't guarantee that either will end well."

"Neither." She sighs. 

He shakes his head. She's right, they had to end sooner or later, maybe this was it. "So what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, Steve. This entire relationship I've been unsure, I didn't know what I would do when it begun or when it blossomed but I'm sure about one thing. i just know right here, right now, all i want is you. And if that's not enough for you, I really have no idea what we're going to do."

Their words hang in the air for a moment and they look between each other, tears pouring down as the rain pours down. 

"I want you too." He yells. 

And she's sure now. She runs to him, leaps into his arms and kisses him passionately. Maybe it's the atmosphere, maybe it's the rain, maybe it's the pain, maybe it's the anger, or maybe it's the end. But it's the best sex they ever had. And it may be the last. But we'll never know, for their story ends here. 

A/N: okay am i on a roll here or what? had this prompt in my drafts for a while but never had the inspiration to write it so shoutout to @themouseofdisney for the smut prompt which made me write this. okay its not really smut but its super angsty and has major swearing and implies sex so close enough i guess? and yes the lines at the end are lowk japril inspired ahhh i miss my baes. anyways hope you like it yayyy. vote comment and share babes. And I feel like a narrator in this cause there's a lot of joe vibes lmaos okays bye-