the one with...

She was afraid of commitment, he feared being alone for the rest of his life. Then he met her, and the rest was history. Mr. and Mrs. Rogers, this is their story. 

They were first introduced by a common friend, genius playboy philanthropist Tony Stark. Together, they hung out with Norse God Thor, seven pHD scientist Bruce Banner, and part time dad, part time archer Clint Barton, having the time of their lives in 2010s New York City. 

And they often teased each other, from failed relationships to their careers. Natasha worked at an intelligence agency and Steve at an art gallery, having a flair for art since his military days. The running joke between them was how Steve was too shy to ask women out so he stared at beautiful paintings of women instead and that Natasha was too rough to get a man and therefore got them by putting them away for their crimes. That was all until, that one night in London. 

The group had taken a vacation to London, courtesy of the rich Tony, and were having the time of their lives. From sightseeing to well, erm, sightseeing? There wasn't much to do in London aside from museum hopping and cafe hopping. Steve insisted upon seeing all the museums, much to the boredom of the entire group, which resulted in him going alone. Natasha, the quiet one of the group, piped up about joining him. The others were surprised for she neither showed interest in the arts or had a flair for it. But she went anyways, just her and Steve.

And in one particular museum, the Tate actually, Natasha caught Steve staring at her instead of the paintings and instantly felt something. She wondered if he felt it too, but kept mum about it. 

It wasn't until later that night, after the friends had a few drinks and had all gone to bed when she lay awake on her bed in the hotel room, wondering what could have been. She contemplated heading next door to the room where Steve was in, but stopped herself one too many times at the door, heading back to hers instead.

On what must have been her hundredth and something time, Steve opened the door of his room, startled but not surprised at the sight of her. 

"Hi," He whispers, flashing her a charming smile. 

"Hey," She smiles back. 

"What are you doing out here?" He asks. 

Natasha looks up and down, from his bare chest to his work out shorts and shrugs. 

He sighs."Wanna come in?"

She nods and follows him into his room, closing the door behind her. 

He looks between her and the bed, bringing his lips down to hers, kissing her passionately, his hands running into her hair. She kisses him back with equal passion before pulling away with a laugh. 

"Were we just making out? We just made out." She gasps. 

He frowns. "Well, not anymore."

She kisses him again, pulling away shortly. 

"You know what's weird?" He looks at her confused. "This is not weird." She finishes. He shrugs. 

"Wanna get into bed?" He asks and the rest is history. 

They find themselves in bed with each other again the next day, the day after, the entire trip to London. But they keep it within themselves, swearing for it to be 'Just A London Thing'. But we all know it isn't, for there won't be a story to tell otherwise. 

The hard part wasn't their relationship, it was sneaking around the Avengers. Sooner or later they would all figure it out. But that was later. 

 For now it was just them, bliss and quiet, rejoicing in the buzz of their relationship. Their relationship, if that's what you wanna call it, had gone from hooking up in London, hooking up on the plane, that one night in New York to secretly dating. 

Until Clint found out. Of course it was Clint hat found out. Steve aside, he was the closest to Natasha and she confided in him about everything. Except the relationship. That, he found out all on his own. He stumbled upon it really, when he put two and two together about where the two of them were at the same time. 

But he kept it a secret from the others, or at least he tried to, cause they found out anyways later in their own way. But by then, Romanogers had already been going for more than half a year. Their friends were happy for them of course, though slightly offended by the fact that they had kept it a secret for so long. Tony afterall. was a bit of a dramatic and enjoyed having his relationships in public. 

Of course there were ups and downs, but they faced all odds together and they were happy together. And everyone was happy for them. They had nearly gotten married once in Vegas, but put the thought on hold for something more significant. 

They did eventually get married though, a big ceremony for friends and family. And their officiant, the self ordained and volunteered, Tony Stark. 

They complimented one another really, she was a neat freak while he was chill, she was scared of commitment but was at ease with him. They were perfect like a match made in heaven, not soulmates, but perfect for each other. And they knew it. 

They did face one challenge throughout their marriage though, the idea of kids. He was open to it, while she opposed the idea. In her mind, she was not ready for that kind of commitment, afterall, marriage was already such a big step. 

But through each other they showed growth and compromised, and the fact that he was always willing to wait for her to be ready was assuring. 

And eventually she was. They had three kids, each named in name sake of their friends and family. James Clinton Romanoff Rogers was the oldest, followed by Anthony Samuel Romanoff Rogers, and the youngest Sarah Elizabeth Romanoff Rogers. 

The Rogers were perfectly contented, and that was all they ever needed. Their lives were perfect and they were certain that they could face any obstacle that came their way. 

A/N: friends inspired so obviously the title has to be the one with something but i had no idea what to call the something so yknow skjksjkdsjk. anyways hope you like this. i tried not to make this sad?? idkkk- also i love mondler from friends sm ahhh. okay happy ending yalls are you satisfied??!! le gasp what drugs was i on when i wrote this because i made it happy omggggg. okay vote comment share save idkk yalls but yayyy. <</3