Periodical Pains (Bucky Barnes X Reader)

A/N: Apologies if this was all over the place. I've got a lot on my mind!

****

Its cold.

Windy.

Rainy.

Maybe a bit of snow mixed in there, too.

All around, the weather sucks.

Especially for a reconnaissance mission.

"We can't just keep sitting here," You grumble, spinning in the office chair of the hotel room you're currently in, absentmindedly.

"We don't have much of a choice," Your Partner and fiancé mutters in reply, his own form sitting on the end of the queen sized bed in the room you both are sharing as accommodations, chin resting on his knuckle.

"Can't we just move in closer? Take the risk?" You suggest for what seems like the hundredth time, only to receive the same response you've gotten every other time:

A heavy sigh.

"It's HYDRA we're dealing with here, Y/N, not some typical mercenaries," Bucky explains, a trace of disgust and anxiety working it's way into his tone. "I've already told you: it's too risky."

"If you're worried about being recognized, just let me go. I'll be in and out before you can even blink."

"No," The man sitting across from you states firmly, lips drawn in a thin line. "You are certainly not doing that."

"Bucky," You murmur, scooting closer in your rolling chair towards him, swatting him playfully as you near. "I'll be fine. Just let me go in there and see if it matches up with what we've been hearing."

"I said no, Y/N."

His tone is suddenly much sterner, his gaze locking with yours, his hands resting gently on your hips, keeping you in your seat.

"If it's anyone to go in there, it's me."

Now it's your turn to sigh heavily, squirming beneath his grip slightly.

"If you're going, I'm going with you," You nod, gesturing out the window and down the street, the presumed HYDRA base you're supposed to be gathering intel on, at the end of the road.

"And if you're going, which you're not," Bucky starts, grip becoming tighter around you, lifting you off the chair, ultimately pulling you down into the soft mattress with him. "I'm going with you, too."

A few moments of silence pass, with the pair of you entangled in one another's embrace, the steady pitter patter of rain against the window soothing the atmosphere.

"You know I can handle myself, right?"

At this, the man still holding you tightly chuckles lightly, a smirk tugging at the edges of his lips.

"I know. But you'd be going up against at least a minimum of five to ten heavily armed guards, not to mention any possible Super Soldiers they might've somehow managed to re-create."

"So?" You huff dramatically, grinning. "I've been up against worse odds."

"Sure," Bucky laughs, rolling his eyes, his embrace around you vanishing as he makes his way to his feet, wandering towards the desk the room came with.

"Checking the weather again?"

"Yeah."

Silently, you watch your lover navigate through the smartphone with some difficulty, finally managing to find the forecast after about a minute of searching.