CHAPTER TWO

Why is there ever such a thing as wedding drama? Can't we all get along and be happy to see two people unite as one infront of God and their loved ones?

As I slowly walk around the mall hand in hand with my best friend, I thank the Lord that I had such a smooth wedding. The preparations went well, nothing went wrong. I do know how I could have handled the stress if anything dramatic happened.

Gigi needed to let out some steam before her trip to visit her future in-laws and being the loving best friend that I am, I made an executive decion to take her out for retail therapy. She needs this.

"Maybe this time she'll be nicer.", I say as I try to calm her down. She really is not looking forward to seeing her future mother-in-law . Bryce's parents will be in town in about a month and one of the things stressing Gigi besides her blatant dislike for Mrs.Woods is the fact that her family will also be coming by.

Gigi's mother and brothers are people who don't have time for other people's nonsense. So in other words this family meeting is going to get so interesting. I wish to be the fly on the wall when that happens.

She picks out a beautiful backless deep red dress from a rack, "How does this one look?".

My fingers feel the fabric, "It was made for you, take it." she nods in agreement and adds in onto the growing pile of clothes we have. I also need some new stuff since the baby is growing so I raided the maternity sections of various stores. I have to admit that I am very impressed, I thought maternity clothing would be so ugly and unflattering on me, but boy was I wrong. I look so good in the stuff I picked up. 

We move around the store for a few more minutes before going to the cashier to pay. After the payment, we go out for lunch where my best friend still pours out her 'loathing' for her soon to be mother-in-law.

"I swear if she says anything offensive to or about my family, I will punt her into the sun." The evil grin on her face makes the statement even more menacing. I can't control my laughter and soon enough her shoulders shake as she laughs along with me.

Once I sober up I speak , "I don't think Bryce would like that." That man loves his mother to the core. Even if she is a shallow, cold hearted human being.

The conversation eventually drifts from Mrs. Woods and to her plans for the wedding ceremony.

Unlike myself, Gigi wants a grand and majestic wedding. I'm not saying mine wasn't magical but, she wants a big ceremony with all the works. This is where a lot of people can see the differences between us, my wedding was very small and intimate, and she wants hers to be a Cinderella type of wedding.

This means that there is going to be a lot of planning involved, which is why I suggest that she gets a proper wedding planner.

"I can ask some of Lex's contacts.", I say. She smiles at the suggestion.

She pokes at her salad with a fork, seemingly lost in thought for a moment.

"Are you okay?"

A small smile appears on her face as her eyes make contact with mine, "Yeah, it just feels funny somehow. I'm getting married to Bryce." She lets out a scoff of disbelief, "Who would have thought? In my head, he was going to get married to you."

In another life probably, "Life is full of surprises." I say with a laugh of my own. I am glad to have the hand that life has dealt me. I cannot fathom being without my husband, I cannot even stomach an alternate universe where I am not with him. That man completes me in every sense of the word.