CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

“Rosalie you need to let the babies sleep.” Mom scolds and begins to pull me away from the sleeping figures of the twins. I don’t want to go to this party, I want to stay here and watch my babies sleep. They look so peaceful.

Lately they have this thing of only falling asleep when they are next to each other. When they are in their separate cribs, it takes longer for them to fall asleep. There is a lot of crying involved and I am not one to deprive my children of their closeness. Mom says it’s a twin thing, Lennox and Aurora spent nine months in the womb together, so I understand the need to stay close together even when out of the womb.

“Mom, wait I need to give them goodbye kisses.”  She huffs and let’s go of my arm. I place a kiss on each baby’s forehead and whisper a ‘Mommy loves you’ before I reluctantly walk out of the nursery.

Mom and I make our down the stairs and I don’t hesitate to let her know what needs to be done and how, which she does not appreciate.
“If you don’t shut your mouth, I will shut it for you.” She says with an eye roll, “I raised you. I know how to take care of my grandbabies.”

June walks towards with Lex once we reach the bottom of the stairs. Heat creeps up my cheeks when I make eye contact with my husband. My mind drifts back to an hour ago in the bedroom when he ate me out and took a shower with me afterwards. It was such an intimate moment for us, not just physically but emotionally as well. Lex washed me from head to toe as if I wasn’t in a bath tub minutes before. He told me that I was beautiful and praised me as he ran a wash towel over my body.

I am truly loved by this man and I don’t think it will ever stop feeling surreal. 

Our spell is broken by my mother’s demanding voice, “Alex take your wife and leave us please. She’s annoying me.” 

My mouth falls open in shock while Lex’s shoulders suddenly shake as he laughs. 

He extends his arm towards me, I stand by his side in an instant. My arms wrapped around his middle. His scent engulfs my senses, making me want to sniff  him and live within his skin. He smells so damn good, his scent is like catnip to me. 

I’m addicted to it.

“We’ll take care of the babies, go enjoy yourselves.” June says with a warm smile.

“Thank you, have yourselves a good evening.” Lex says. 

We hug everyone and head on to the car. The drive to Isadora and Tommy’s place is just perfect. Soft music plays in the background while we converse. I feel at ease. The weight I carried has seriously melted off. My heart flutters as Lex holds my hand for the entire forty five minute drive. 

***

“You’re late.” Are the first words that come out of Isadora’s mouth when she opens the door for us.

“Only by an hour.” Lex defends.

She opens the door wider for us to get inside. We step in and Lex pulls her in for a hug, “Sorry sis.” He places a kiss on her forehead. She looks up at him with a questioning raised eyebrow. Suspicion evident in her eyes.

She comes over to me and we hug. “You two are nasty.” She whispers to me before we break apart.
I guess our happiness is nauseating, because if this is what honesty and a good orgasm make me look like then I will be brighter than the sun when Lex and I make love again.

“Riiiight. Anyway come on, let’s join everyone.”

Lex’s hand holds mine as we go through to the living room. The house is alive and abuzz with music and conversation. I see some of Tommy’s business associates that attended Shiloh’s first birthday. There are a few of Isadora’s friends. She really went all out for this party and as I my eyes roam the room, you can clearly see the effort that went into everything, even the decorations are awesome.