CHAPTER EIGHT

Agreeing to having a baby shower is coming to bite me in the butt. I love Gigi and I would do anything for her but right now I want to strangle the life out of her. She is more indecisive than I am.

I get that this is a distraction from her wedding stress but her way of dealing with her stress is causing me to have stress. Which is not good for my babies.

“Do you think we should do a pink and blue theme?” she asks while focused on the colour palettes spread out on the coffee table.

Before I even answer she speaks, cutting me off, “Well that won’t work since you chose to not know the genders.”

Yup, we made the decision of waiting to find out the genders of the twins when they arrive. So far, everything we have bought is gender neutral . I never even understood the whole gender assigned colors anyway.

“Here’s the menu that you asked me to print out.” Nadia says, handing it over to Gigi. The woman literally has planned everything like this shower is about to be the social event of the year.

The doorbell rings, “Thanks Nads, could you get that for me please?”

She nods and walks to the foyer. A moment later I hear her voice along with Archie’s. I asked him to drop off some cake samples from the bakery. I swear Gigi thinks this baby shower is like a wedding. This is the same effort she should be putting in trying to have a good relationship with her future mother-in-law.

Of course I would never say that to her face, she would drag me by my edges, pregnant and all.

“Hey guys, I got your cake.”

Gigi stands from where she sits on the floor to grab the two large white boxes from him. “You are an angel, Archie.”

He shrugs, “It’s only a pleasure.” he exhales, “As much as I’d like to stay ladies, I have to get back to the office.”

“That sucks, you’re coming to the shower though--right?”

He nods, “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” Gigi smiles at his response.

“Okay then I’ve got to go.” he says before he locks eyes with Nadia for a second.

“Bye love!” I say as he walks out of the living room with Nadia close behind him.

A crumpled piece of paper hits me in the face, “Girl!” my best friend says excitedly, “Am I crazy or does your husband’s assistant have a thing for your maid?”

“I know right? I thought I was the only one who saw it.”

Gigi’s eyebrows rise so high they almost reach her hairline. I’m glad that I’m not the only one seeing this.

“ Nadia told me that he visited Liam the day after the allergy dibarcle.”

Her brows drop as a confused expression takes over her face, “What allergy debacle.”

“Oh, right, you don’t know.”

I then explain to her what happened a few days ago when Liam had that allergic reaction to peanut butter and about how Archie and the four year old got along so well during dinner.

When Nadia told me about how he showed up at her doorstep with a spiderman gift bag for Liam and a box of chocolates for her,  I was equally shocked and impressed. Archie is a good person and even though he only met Nadia once, I can tell that he really liked her and her son. It’s very hard not to, Liam is as cute as a button.