CHAPTER SIXTEEN

ALEXANDER POV:

Who would have thought that I would be a married man and not only be a husband, but a father too? It's only been a year of marriage, a year of pure bliss, a year that I have enjoyed so much and I am looking forward to more. Today is our first anniversary as a married couple and thankfully this day falls on a beautifully, sunny and warm Saturday morning. Rose is still fast asleep, facing towards me and I can't help but take the time to admire her and thank God for bringing her into my life.

I quickly go through my emails before quietly removing myself from the bed, careful not to disturb Rose while she sleeps. The twins have been troublesome last night, we got up four times due to their cries. I swear those babies are insync, when one cries -soon enough the other follows. After a quick brushing of my teeth, I splash some water on my face and wipe the wetness away before leaving the bathroom.

My feet take me to the twins' bedroom. I open the door and my lungs welcome the adorable baby smell that permeates the space. My heart jumps with joy as I see our beautiful children. Lennox is already awake, his bright blue eyes make me feel like I'm looking in the mirror at my own. I now realise how strong the Cain gene-pool is.

"Hello little one." I say as I release Lennox from the swaddle. His little limbs stretch out, the relief evident on his face. "I know this sucks, but mommy likes swaddling you." I hold him in my arms - placing a tender kiss on his forehead.

Moving a little further to the left, I see Aurora still fast asleep, "I think your sister is a deep sleeper like your mom." As I talk to Lennox, I find one of the Bjorns and gently place him in right after I have it secured on me.

Who would have thought that I would have a child strapped on to my torso like this? Life is very unpredictable.

Leaving Aurora to sleep, I make my way down to the kitchen and warm up some of the milk that Rose pumped. As the two bottles warm up, I try to manoeuvre my way in the kitchen and turn on the coffee maker so that I can prepare cups for myself and Rose.

"Good morning husband." Her voice pulls my attention away from the steaming cups of liquid. A smile graces her face as she has our daughter - who is now awake, in her arms.

My feet move on their own towards them, I place a kiss on her forehead, "Good morning my love."

She walks into the living room space and takes a seat on the couch. A minute later, I am next to her with the two bottles and unwrap Lennox from my torso. As the days went by, Rose and I developed a routine that works for us. We sit with the television playing in the background, neither of us paying attention to the screen, all our focus is on the two people we are each feeding from a bottle. Once the babies are done feeding, we burp them which ends up with Lennox leaving a trail of puke over my shoulder. My shirt sticks to my skin due to the white, wet spot.

Rose giggles at the horrified look on my face. I hold Lennox at arm's length and playfully glare at him, "Mate, we don't puke on each other." Seemingly, just like his mother he finds the situation funny as a cute smile is on his adorable face.

He's lucky that I love him.

***

The twins take a nap immediately after bath-time. After we leave them to rest, Rose and I are also showered and dressed. We sit in the backyard, watching the sun rays reflect off the blue pool water as we have our breakfast.

"I wish you would let me do something for today." I say to her as I admire her breathtaking profile. I really wanted to do something special for her today but, a few days ago she told me that she just wants to spend the day with me and the babies.