CHAPTER FOUR

"You too are so in love it's sickening." Isadora says as I put my phone away. Lex had just called me and just hearing his voice and knowing that he will be here in an hour makes my entire body tingle.

A small smile makes its way to my lips, "We can't help it." I say in response.

She nods, "I know. You have been married for almost a year and it still seems like the time when my brother had a crush on you."

He had a crush on me?

"Pfft" I playfully roll my eyes at her. We pull each other in for a side hug before admiring Shiloh who is playing with Saba's mane of fur. The mastiff seems to enjoy it as she is on the floor with her head on her paws. Her giant frame has swallowed up Shiloh's tiny body.

A year from now that is going to be our little one doing that to Saba. The thought makes my hands cradle my tummy as a smile firmly plants itself on my face. 

"You truly have my brother wrapped around your finger and you're too naïve to see it. The man worships the ground you walk upon."

I try not to melt at her words. "I feel the very same way about him."

She places her hand on top of mine and smiles, "It's quite visible. Rose, I'm glad you came into his life. Xander needed to have you in his life, you have been such a great influence on him."

The burn of tears in my eyes makes its presence known, "I love him and I don't ever want to be without him."

I never thought it would be possible to even love someone this much. There is so much power that this kind of love has over you as an individual. The intensity of it makes it a little dangerous. Loving someone so much that you lose yourself in that love.

I once read a quote online about love that said; "I could start a fire with what I feel for you." And that sums up how I feel about Lex. My strong feelings for him would start a fire that would burn down nations, that is how deeply I love this man.

***

Just like my father I hate when I am disturbed from my precious sleep, but being greeted by my husband's blue eyes makes the anger a little less. As much as I would like to punch him in the throat for waking me up in the middle of a great sleep, his gorgeous face would look bad with a bruise on it.

"Good morning." He says right before planting a tender kiss on my lips. Long gone are the days of me complaining about morning breath. The man is a firm believer of morning kisses even if I just woke up and my breath may not be at its best.

I make my way out of the covers and slowly go to the bathroom to pee, brush my teeth and splash some water on my face.

When I get back Lex helps me sit up against the pile of pillows against the headboard. As my vision adjusts to the late morning sunlight that streams in through openly drawn curtains, Lex brings over a tray filled with breakfast.

"Thank you my love." I kiss his cheek once he settles in beside me.

He switches on the TV to the business channel, it acts as background noise while we eat and converse.

"Are you ready for today?" 

I nod while chewing. This makes him smile a little. Today is our checkup at the doctor. We get to see how big the baby is and if there is anything we should be concerned about. I have not been feeling anything wrong, only some slight lower back pain.

Five months.

I am five months pregnant now. It has been quite a journey and I am looking forward to the rest of it. I can't wait to have this little human in my arms.