CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

ALEXANDER POV:

There are so many moments in life that show you that you are with the right person. Moments that are so raw and intimate that make you understand how love really can and should be. I know I don't visit my parents' gravesite a lot. I blame that on the fact that I haven't completely healed. I don't think that I ever will, however, I really do mean it when I say the pain gets a bit easier to handle as time goes by.

Rosalie is my saving grace. Having her next to me, holding my hand - being an anchor through all of life's storms. She's a blessing. I wish my parents were here to see the amazing woman I married. Taking her with me to their gravesite meant so much to me. It meant a lot to me to share that raw, deep part of me.

After our visit to the cemetery, we drove back home and spent time with our family. I called Isadora and spoke to her about how our visit went. She did the same thing when she took Tommy to 'introduce' him to mom and dad.

As I lay in bed, with Rose in my arms, I continue to be grateful to have her in my life and I am appreciative and in awe of the strength that she possesses. I shift and pull away from her sleeping form after placing a kiss on her forehead.

I check on my phone to see that the time is six in the morning, I get up and go through my morning routine. My mind has been awake for a while now, Once refreshed, I decide to make breakfast for the family.

Before I get to the kitchen, I go to the twins' room just to see if they have woken up yet. I am greeted by their sleeping forms, holding hands. They've had a rough few days, with the teething. It's been very painful to watch and experience because as a parent, I want to take away their pain but I have to be strong because this is all part of the process. This is them growing up and good Lord they are growing up too quickly. It feels like yesterday when we brought them home from the hospital.

Once I quietly leave them to their slumber, I make my way to the kitchen and get on with breakfast. The task is mind-numbing and therapeutic. The chatter in my head dies down and all I can focus on is making sure that I make the best breakfast for the family.

Ninety minutes later, I am completely done. The table is set and the smell of delicious food permeates the air. June is the first to come down. Her warm smile greets me as she walks over to me and engulfs me in a hug.

"Good morning Xander."

I return her smile and kiss her forehead, "Good morning June. How was your night?"

"I slept well. How about you?"

I sigh "Not too well." I say honestly.

She tsks, "Being here, it's always hard. It's always emotional. I understand." she holds my hand in hers, "You're going to be okay. You have us. You have Rosalie and the twins."

My heart swells.

"Thank you."

She shrugs, "Pfft. Great, now let me get a cup of tea."

She walks to the dining table just as the rest of the family starts coming in. Darius and Harvey are already in conversation while Rose and Alina walk in, each holding a baby in their arms.

I help my wife by pulling out a chair for her. She gratefully smiles at me. "Good morning baby." I softly say to her before our lips meet in a chaste kiss.

After Alina hands over Aurora to me, I start to dig into my plate. As we eat, Rose and I keep feeding the twins from our plates. Since we introduced them to finger food it has been an easy transition for us whenever we have meals because we eat what will also be appropriate for the babies. The favorites so far are scrambled eggs, bananas, raspberries, and mashed sweet potato. I have to admit that is fun to see what they like and don't like to eat. their reactions to new food textures and flavors are adorable to watch.