CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

The next few days are hectic and exhausting. The twins keep me on my toes. They are active and keep chewing on things they aren't supposed to. I run around like a headless chicken, taking care of my husband, children, and household. I gave Nadia some time off. She needs it and needs to be with Liam while she and Archie handle the James situation.

Lex is slowly recovering, he tries his best to not let the injury get to him. I see how frustrated he gets sometimes, like when he can't hold the babies at the same time. And typing with one hand annoys the life out of him.

I've been telling him to be patient and take it easy on himself. This is a gunshot wound not just a tiny paper cut that will heal in a few days.

Our parental figures freaked out when they heard about what happened. June was in tears, while my mother wanted to see the bullet wound. Harvey and my dad were not impressed with Lex's decision to be the hero in the situation.

I sigh for the thousandth time today as I type the last paragraph of the presentation that Ceasar has so graciously asked me to help him with. My eyes stray from the illuminated screen to the twins who are crawling on the playmat I have in my office for them. Toys are everywhere. I watch them talk in their own baby language, which is pretty funny because for 11-month-olds, they seem to be having an interesting conversation.

Lex walks in. I always keep my door open when I'm in here. The childish conversation stops the minute he appears and the twins crawl towards him. He immediately crouches and places a kiss on each baby's forehead.

"Dada!" Aurora excitedly exclaims.

"Hello, my loves." Lex sits on the playmat with the twins. I watch as he carefully sits her in the space between his legs and then places Lennox on his thigh.

My heart melts at the picture before me and I wonder if it's possible to fall even more in love with this man. Watching Lex be a father is a gift that I will forever cherish. He loves our children with all of his being and it brings me to tears every time I witness precious moments between him and the twins.

He catches my teary gaze and a warm smile pulls at his lips, "Hey."

I feel the heat go up my cheeks, "Hey, yourself."

"How was your day?"

I hit send on the email, I was sending Caesar with the presentation as an attachment, then close the laptop in front of me. "Long and exhausting." I move from my chair and join him and the babies on the floor. "How was yours?"

"Horrible. How long till these two turn eighteen? I need them to take over."

I shake my head at him while I laugh, "You're going to have to wait for a long while." He smiles at my question , "What if they don't want to take over?"

He shrugs. "I wouldn't force the business on them. If they want to do something different and follow their individual passions, I'll be fine with that. As long as they are happy."

And that is very important. I want Rory and Nox to be happy, to do what they love, and to explore their passions. I would never force them to be who they didn't want to be. My heart swells in appreciation at how Lex also has the same idea.

Nox crawls towards me and I sit him on my lap. His little hands immediately go for my braids. He is obsessed with them and likes fiddling with them whenever he is near.

"I really do want to take a break though." Lex softly exclaims.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"I've been thinking about it for a while. I can hire an acting CEO to oversee the day-to-day running of the company," he explains. "Of course, I'll check in once in a while just to see if nothing is falling apart," he adds.

For a moment I am speechless. This is not something that should be taken lightly. This man is dedicated to his work and the empire he has created. Yes, I am shocked by this but if it is what he needs to do then I will support him. I'll always be by his side.

I relay my thoughts to him and he smiles so warmly at me it makes me flush all the way to my chest.

" For how long will this break be?"

Once again he shrugs before placing a kiss on Rory's cheek. She giggles as his stubble tickles her, "It could be a year or more but I don't want to put a timeline on it for now."

I nod in understanding. We get up and pick up the kids, and walk out of the office. Our conversation continues as we walk to the kitchen.

"So, my dear husband. What will you be doing with the free time you will have?"

He grins and I try not to blush. He helps me sit the twins on their seats. Which I'm not happy with because he is not supposed to be straining his injured arm.

"I was thinking, that maybe I could help you scratch off some items on your bucket list."

My jaw falls open, "Are you being for real right now?" I calm my accelerating heartbeat.

He walks over to me and wraps his arm around me, pulling me flush against his strong, warm body. Instinctively, I inhale his scent. I love the way he smells.

"I do recall that you once said that you wanted to visit monuments and museums around the world. We can do that and everything else that you desire."

Tears start to form in my eyes and I feel them fall down my cheeks. I really am one of the luckiest people on Earth. He used his thumb to wipe away my tears and I feel myself falling more in love with this man.

"Don't cry, my love."

A smile pulls at my lips, "How can I not cry when you're being such a romantic idiot?" this makes him chuckle.

"We're obviously bringing the twins with us." I state.

He nods, "Of course my love. We're doing this as a family."

My body tingles with excitement. I can't believe we're doing this. There are so many places I want to see, so many cultures I want to experience. Finally, my lifelong dream is coming true.

"Thank you." I softly utter as I look into his eyes. I see the love he has for me shining through. "This means so much to me Lex. Thank you so much."

"Anything for you my love. You deserve to get all that you desire." he softly says as he leans down toward me. My lips tingle in anticipation.

"I love you, Rosalie." My heart skips a beat. Something it never fails to do whenever he utters those words to me.

Our lips an inch apart, "I love you so much Alexander."

The kiss is filled with so much passion it makes my toes curl. It makes me dizzy and my heart swells with love and my body comes alive with a burning desire for him.

I really am so lucky.