CHAPTER ELEVEN

ALEXANDER POV:

I have no idea what just happened. One moment she was going off on Evelynn and the next she was unconscious in my arms. Chaos ensues as soon as she faints. Everyone starts panicking and calling out to her.

“I’m calling an ambulance.” Richie says as he takes his phone out of his pocket.

While he calls for help I continue to speak to my wife. “Rosalie, my love please open your eyes for me.”

I know my begging is futile but I don’t care and right now I would do anything to have her honey brown eyes stare into mine. Alina comes to kneel next to me as I hold her daughter.

“How is this happening right now?” she whispers as she caresses Rose’s cheek. Darius walks over to us and tells us that the paramedics have arrived.

Thank God they got here quickly.

I watch as they place my wife on a stretcher and wheel her out of the apartment. “We’ll meet you guys at the hospital’ Bryce says to me as I walk out with Alina and Darius.

I quickly drive behind the ambulance and in minutes we arrive at the hospital. I bolt out of the car and follow the paramedics as they speak to a nurse and a doctor.

Rose is wheeled into the trauma unit and we are asked to stay in the waiting room. I try to stay calm and not unleash the fury inside of me. I need her to be alright. She has to be alright and come back to me.

“Mr. Cain?”

I look up to see a male nurse with a clipboard in his arms. “Could you please fill in some paperwork for us?” he politely asks.

I nod, taking the clipboard and pen from him. Within a minute I am done filling out the required sections and handing the board back to him.

“How long do we have to wait?” I ask as I take my seat again.

A ghost of a smile appears on his face, “Just a few more minutes and the doctor will be with you.”

His smile reassures me for a little while. Bryce, his parents and a teary eyed Gigi with her family arrive and join us in the waiting room.

I feel a hand on my knee which halts the mindless bouncing my leg was doing. “She’ll be okay.” Alina says to me. Her motherly tone calms my nerves. “I called June and Harvey. They send their love.”

I even forgot to let June and Harvey know. Thank the heavens for Alina. Right now I can’t think straight. I just want my wife to be okay. I need to see her and hear her voice again. This waiting is not doing me any good.

Almost half an hour of waiting and Dr. Stone makes her way to us. She stands with a folder in her right hand as she speaks to us. “Mr. Cain, your wife is okay. She just had a panic attack due to a sensory overload.”

A panic attack.

Sensory overload.

The words take their time to settle in my mind. Of course it’s a sensory overload. That damn argument at Bryce’s place.

“Is there anything that happened that may have been the cause of this? A stressful situation perhaps?”

Her gaze cuts through each one of us as she waits for a response.

I sigh, “Just a bit of family drama.”

She shakes her disapprovingly.

“Rosalie is almost seven months pregnant. She does not need to be in stressful situations. That is not good for her and especially for the babies.”