𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

     The cold air hit her face as she climbed to the top of the roof and sat down with her legs hanging off the edge. A voice inside her was telling her to jump, end it all. All the pain would be gone, she'd be free from the torment of her life. Another voice was telling her to just enjoy the view, all the people mindlessly wondering around the streets and talking amongst themselves.

     All oblivious to the horrors that actually appeared in their small city.

      Sighing to herself, she stood up and made her way towards her destination; the Crow Club. Jumping from the building she was situated on, she pulled herself onto the roof of the other building. From a young age, she had mastered the ability to quietly appear and disappear. It worked in her favour most of the time when she needed a quiet getaway. However, there was one person she couldn't quite beat in this ability and that was Inej, the girl practically vanishing out of sight.

      She continued her journey when she arrived at an open window, she looked through it and noticed Kaz with his back to her. He turned around as if he sensed something causing her to move her body away from the window that she had been peering into, opting to try and scare him. Many times she had attempted to do so but it never worked, he always heard her, no matter what he noticed her. It scared her how easily he could locate her.

      Kaz, realising nothing was there, continued doing what he did before giving her an opportunity to creep in through the window and make her way out of the shadows. The boy paused what he was doing and tilted his head slightly, sensing her presence and allowing his lips to curl up ever so slightly.

      "Hello, Anya." Kaz greeted, not even turning around to see if it was her. "What information do you have for me tonight?"

      "A lead on a job. A big one. Enough money to change lives." Anya told him as he kept his back to her.

      "It doesn't take much to change someone's life in the Barrel." He commented as she raised her eyebrow, she knew she hadn't even told him the best part of the job.

      Before had gone to sit on the roof she had done some creeping around the streets, finding out people's secrets and figuring out ways to manipulate them or to see if there was any job opportunities for them.

      "A million kruge?" She asked which caught Kaz's attention and he lifted his head up, still keeping his back to her.

       "What's the name?" He quizzed as she moved some of her hair out of her face.

      "Dreesen. A wealthy merchant." Anya elaborated and he nodded with a knowing look forming on his face at the name.

      "Dreesen. I've heard of him. He could afford it. The question is, what's worth a million kruge to him?" Kaz knew that if someone was willing to give a million kruge whatever it was they wanted was important which meant it would be harder for them to deliver it.