𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

      The Crows had returned back to the Barrel, each going there separate ways to plan for the trip ahead. Jesper went to do his usual gambling, Inej went to go and buy some food to feed to the crows that rest outside the Crow Club and Anya and Kaz headed up to his office, or more correctly, Kaz headed to his office and Anya followed him, anger practically seeping from her as she slammed the door behind her, almost knocking it off it's hinges.

       Kaz didn't say anything snd neither did she as they headed towards his desk where he began looking through the letters that laid there. She felt her anger bubbling and she sent him a look of disbelief, unable to believe what had just happened. He'd once again made a decision without asking the rest of them. A decision he knew was impossible, there was no way they could do it and he was foolish to believe so. All because of this unknown rivalry with Pekka Rollins, it was if he was only fuelled by the promise of revenge.

      "What was that? Hmm? You want to tell me?" Anya angrily asked Kaz as he looked at the watch in his hands. She looked over at the candle on the wall and tried her best to ignore the slight flickering it gave in her direction, attempting to focus on her breathing.

       "Be more specific." Kaz told her as he raked his eyes over his desk, carefully examining everything.

        "It was one thing when we had at least a week to find a way across the Fold. But sunrise? We have to say no." Anya explained exasperatedly, knowing there was no way they were finding a way across the Fold in a day.

     "No." Kaz responded and she furrowed her brows, flickering her eyes back to his, whet he still refused to meet her gaze.

     "You mean no to the job, right?" She asked hopefully, knowing the answer already.

      "No to saying no." Kaz corrected her and she clenched her jaw at the reply.

      "We can't go!" Anya exclaimed, looking at Kaz in disbelief as she wondered why he was so set on this job. If he cared so much about the money she bet if she and Inej went out they could go and find them two jobs by sunrise.

       "Can't we?" Kaz retorted as Anya raised her hand revealing her tattoo, wanting to throw up at the mere sight of it. Branded as if she was an animal, it claimed her ownership of her, taunting her about how she wasn't free.

      "I can't go. Me and Inej, we can't go." Anya told him, her voice softer betraying the fear she felt.

      "You will. I have a plan." Kaz told her vaguely, momentarily meeting her eyes before looking back at the desk.

      Anya shook her head, unable to conceal her fears. "No you don't." She mumbled, eyes flickering over to the candle slightly dimming.

     "Anya!" Kaz snapped, his irritation not even fazing the girl as she looked down at the table he seemed so interested in.