𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗢𝗻𝗲

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

   Sat on a bench surrounded by ivy, Anya sighed, leaning her back against the wall behind her. Her mind seemed to never shut off and she was growing exhausted from the vicious attack of her own thoughts. Overthinking followed and she found herself trapped in a  cycle of never ending memories, nitpicking any detail she believed to have impacted her negatively. It was overwhelming to think about some of the things that had happened to her and she often found herself going over all the different outcomes of her life is certain moments never happened.

     Who would she have become?

   Was a life as a criminal really the best life for her?

     When she thought of a quiet and normal life she felt oddly repulsed, where was the adrenaline and fun? It would be alright she supposed but it would be a boring life, a life which she would not like. Settling down might be the right path for many but something about being in the Crows captured her attention, she feared she may never feel such a way elsewhere.

     Footsteps were what caught her attention, noticing an approaching figure, Inej. Smiling at the Suli, she watched as she moved to sit by her side, the two absorbed in their own worlds. The act was so familiar to Anya yet at the same time she felt dread pool in her stomach, something was going to happen and she felt anxiety creep up her. Inej awkwardly shifted from where she sat and that's was what finalised her thoughts, something was happening.

      "You're not coming back, are you?" Anya broke their silence, looking straight ahead as she tried to keep her voice stable.

     As long as she could remember it had been her and Inej, the girl being the one to hold her as she sobbed and begged for a better life, the girl who reassured her there was a better life waiting for her out there, the same girl who had never turned her back on her despite their differences. Not being with her was something she didn't even want to imagine and even thinking of it sent a shiver down her spine.

     Anya hated goodbyes and she could feel one approaching.

     "You're really leaving me with Kaz and Jesper?" Anya tried to joke as she finally mustered up the courage to look at the girl.

     "You have Nina and Wylan now." Inej tried to comfort but she knew it was futile, no friendship could compete with their's. "I don't want to leave you, Anya, I hate the thought of not being by your side but I have to find my brother." She took a deep breath, she had practiced this speech a million times but now she was saying it she couldn't get it out. "I have to reunite my family."

     "I know." Anya mumbled softly, a selfish part of her wanted to beg the girl not to leave her, plead for her to spend eternity by her side.

     "It's something I should have done a long time ago, I just..." Inej trailed off at the end and Anya's lips formed a small smile, she understood.