𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

      With her own powers, Alina had managed to use the cut on the Darkling, failing to notice that he'd done the same to someone she cared deeply for. When she fell to her knees by his side, she failed to notice the impenetrable darkness reaching out to grasp the innocent Grisha waiting behind her. The other three noticed quickly when a certain heartrender was the chosen victim.

       Forming a strange formation, the trio were back to back, Zoya with her arms out and ready, Inej with the sword in her hands and Anya with the fire blazing from her palms. Screams rang in their heads but they couldn't focus, all they could think about was Nina, if she was okay. The distant exclamations of Alina begging for her soulmate to return to her was mere background noise as they awaited any sign of the volcra returning.

        "Nina! Nina! We have waffles." Anya called out, hoping the girl would respond to them while Zoya whipped around to shoot her an irritable look.

       "Are you being serious?" Zoya yelled, confused about how when she first met this girl she had thought her to be tolerable.

        "I panicked, okay, I don't know where shes gone." Anya defended, the fire dispersing from her palm.

        Light burst at all the surroundings and she had to cover her eyes but she felt like she couldn't look away as it bled into the darkness. It seemed it was all over, all this death, all this dark and gloomy misery, the darkness was a mere memory and the sun had begun to shine down on this miserable country. For once the sun erased the darkness and rather than being until nightfall it was forever.

       Low growling reminded them that the threat still existed and the trio turned to create a line, flickering their eyes from one another to the beasts before them. Nodding as a signal, they raced forwards with nothing but pure determination to survive. Fire bowed down to Anya and she used this to her advantage, forming a distraction while Inej used the sword to ensure it was truly gone.

       Zoya had been attacked and as Anya spun around she could see Nina's fallen form, hoping the girl would hurry up and wake up. Inej spun beside her, narrowly ducking to avoid the hit of the darkling's creations. With a swipe of her sword, it was gone and the girl let out a breath of relief. Anya's fire dispersed and she ran towards Zoya, holding out a hand for the girl to take, pulling her from the sand that she'd fallen into.

      A battle broke out when the beasts within the Darkling were revealed to be out of control, there was no balance. Anya could only stare in horror that not even their creator could withstand their power. It was only when Alina dug her blade into the monster of a man did she allow her lips to curl into a smile, watching as he dropped into the sand beneath him, choking on his own blood.