𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗲𝗻

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

On the window ledge, peering out the window and admiring the view, was Anya, her hair blowing softly from the slight wind that escaped the small gap of the open window she'd opened for some air. The Crows had all decided to get some rest before setting off to the Little Palace tomorrow. Inej and Jesper were fast asleep on the two beds while Kaz was writing away on the desk, Anya watching the view and him occasionally.

The two would share a look every now and then before they both turned back to what they were doing. Anya felt her eyes drooping and her head rested against the window. She was fighting back the slumber that was threatening to overtake her but she didn't want to succumb, she wanted to speak to Kaz, but she just couldn't find the right time or even get the words out.

It seemed her attempts were futile and she closed her eyes, allowing the embrace of sleep to overtake her. Kaz's eyes drifted to her, looking over at her with a furrowed brow, wondering how she had managed to fall asleep there, it seemed uncomfortable and she'd wake up complaining about her back hurting. As humorous as it was, it made him think of a similar memory.

Anya was asleep on the desk in Kaz's room, she had been so exhausted and tried to keep her eyes open but failed. Kaz appeared by the doorframe, looking at Anya in confusion. Her lips were parted and soft snores came out as she looked the most relaxed she had been in months. Jesper appeared, a few moments later, behind Kaz noticing he was looking at something. He peaked over his shoulder and saw a sleeping Anya, wanting nothing more than to play a prank on her.

Deciding against it, he looked to the boy beside him with an amused brow raised. Kaz was looking at Anya with a look Jesper couldn't quite decipher. He looked like he was pulling himself back from doing something.

"She looks peaceful." Jesper commented, shocking Kaz of his presence but quickly changing his expression so the sharpshooter wouldn't notice.

"Yeah. She should of listened to me when I told her to sleep earlier. Now she's wasting more time." Kaz commented as Jesper chuckled, shaking his head amusedly.

"Anya doesn't listen to anyone."

That was partially true, but also a lie, she listened to Kaz. She felt like she needed to prove herself around him, that's why she hadn't slept in multiple days. She was trying to figure something out for him. Her stubbornness wouldn't allow her to sleep, yet here she was, surrounded by letters and half read paperwork.

"Do you want me to move her from the desk?" Jesper asked, knowing Kaz wouldn't move her. Kaz thought for a moment before nodding and motioning to his bed.

Jesper nodded and carefully picked Anya up, who didn't make any signs of waking up, and walked over to the bed. He placed her under the covers before placing the covers over her and smiling at her before nodding at Kaz and leaving the room, not wanting to end up third wheeling if the girl ended up waking up.

Kaz looked away from the girl and headed to sit by his desk, checking that nothing would come and take this moment of peace away from her.

Anya yawned, stretching her arms out with a soft groan, causing Kaz's attention to make back onto her, snapping out of his memory. She looked around the room, noticing that it was still nighttime. Her eyes landed on his, noticing he was still at the desk, busying himself with paper. Slipping from the windowsill, her feet padded against the wooden floor to go and stand beside him, curiously looking to see what he was doing.

"You're still awake?" Anya asked, sleep still in her voice, and Kaz just nodded, continuing to study the maps in front of him. Anya raised her brow and smiled, leaning over the desk to grab the maps from in front of him. His eyes snapped up to meet hers as she grinned innocently, rolling them up to keep them out of his view.

"I was looking at that." Kaz replier, looking at her with a glare that would make anyone falter. It didn't work on Anya and she just tilted her head pretending to be in thought.

"If you insist on not sleeping, even though we have a person to kidnap tomorrow, you can at least give me the luxury of your presence." Anya told him and placed the map in the pocket of her trousers, sitting on the desk. Kaz raised an amused brow at her, unsure if he should be annoyed or not. "Are you going to speak?"

"Thought you was going to do the talking." Kaz commented while she rolled her eyes, picking up the pen from beside him to throw at him.

"Don't be such a dick." Anya sighed, looking back out the window at the stars that shone brightly. "They look beautiful."

"Yeah." Kaz mumbled, looking directly at Anya who was staring out at the stars as she admired them. He hoped she was going to go into one of her rants about the stars and then it leads to her naming all of them before falling asleep while Kaz takes in every word. He could name every star, he'd heard it that many times.

"You see the one there." Anya pointed to one towards the left and Kaz nodded as she motioned for him to follow her as she walked towards the windows ledge. He stood up, heading to the window where they sat back down on opposite sides of the windowsill, looking out at the night sky. That ones called..."

She began naming it and the one beside it until she fell asleep with her head resting against the wall beside her. Kaz sat opposite her and stared at the young suli girl in awe, knowing there was so much he wanted to tell her but he just couldn't. A detail he did notice was that she was in trousers and a shirt, something rare for the girl. While Inej opted for a more suitable outfit choice, Anya wore dresses, large dresses that she'd told him she chose because that way she wouldn't have to be put in a position where she'd be sent back to unwanted memories. He didn't press on what that meant but he'd just nodded, knowing if she wanted to elaborate she would.

Instead, she'd dragged him outside and forced him to go on a walk with her as she rambled about something she'd seen. Kaz had only stared at her with a look of adoration, anyone could see it. It was an odd sight, the bastard of the barrel, looking at the young inferni with infatuation, a look one would notice and have to do a double take to check they'd seen the correct thing. By that point, they were long gone and they'd convinced themselves it was all in their mind.

There was no denying it, Kaz cared deeply for the girl and no matter what she did, what she said, Kaz found himself taking in every word as if it would be the last word he'd ever hear.

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧
Words~1236.
{edited:yes}
Note:filler chapter 'cause I have no idea what I'm doing.