𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 12

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧
'Dancing through the night
A vodka and a sprite
A glimpse of the silhouettes
A night that they never forget
Touch me, yeah
I want you to touch me there
Make me feel like I am breathing
Feel like I am human'
A Little Death~The Neighbourhood.
ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

 ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 12𝘖𝘧 𝘉𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘴

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧
𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 12
𝘖𝘧 𝘉𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘴.
ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

Huddled in a small carriage, were the Crows. Jesper had just finished telling them how he had seen the Sun Summoner. "You're sure it was her?" Kaz asked Jesper wanting to make sure he had heard the conversation correctly.

"I'm telling you, she's part Shu." Jesper confirmed making the Conductor give Jesper a look Anya couldn't quite decipher.

"When exactly did you see her?" Kaz continued to question Jesper while Anya tried to figure out the Conductor's look.

"Just after midday."

"What's in this room?" Inej asked pointing towards a place on the map with the pencil.

"Fitting room. It's where she'll go to change for dinner."

"And that's where we'll grab her." The Conductor added.

"Out of the way, clean lines of sight, easily controlled space. I like it." Jesper commented while Anya grabbed the pen beside her and began drawing on her hand again. She was drawing a flower that went from the centre of her palm to the end of her wrist.

"I'd like it, too, if it had a door." Kaz told them making Anya look up from the drawing in disbelief.

"It doesn't have a door?" She quoted in shock.

"Not one that we can use." Kaz said and Anya motioned for him to explain in more detail so they knew what they were dealing with, "It's some sort of Grisha lock. It took a Materialnik to open it."

"Is there no way to pick the lock?" Jesper asked and the Conductor nodded.

"Actually, there is. I can get through the door." He said making Anya look at him suspiciously. There was something about him that Anya couldn't figure out, he seemed like he was always hiding something.

"How?" Kaz asked resting his hands on his cane.

"The locking mechanisms are Fabrikator-designed. Iron cogs that slide into place without a latch. But for one of us to open it, we'll need a lodestone. With a minimum two thousand gauss external strength. Hard to find." He explained.

"Well, it's not like we're just walking around with one of those in our pockets, now are we." Jesper pointed out while Anya took a brush and began working on practicing the look she was giving Inej.

The Conductor opened his briefcase revealing the lodestone and holding it out, "You don't want to keep it in your pocket for too long." He chuckled while Jesper stared at him in disbelief. "Not if you're intending on having children someday."

"All right. Arken grabs the target." Kaz told them making Anya drop the brush and stare at him in disbelief.

"You want the new guy to grab the million-kruge package?" Anya whispered. She couldn't explain the off feeling she had about him, it was like he wasn't fully on their side. He was hiding something and Anya wanted to know what.

"The new guy knows his way around Grisham locks." He nodded towards her making her sigh and grab the brush and continue to style Inej's hair. "Our futures depend on this. The rest of us will be setting up a lynx flush."

"We are?" Inej asked turning her head making Anya tap her shoulder as she turned her head back.

"What's a lynx flush?" The Conductor asked the Crows while Inej moved her head again causing Anya to throw her arms in the air and slouch in her seat and wait for Inej to finish talking.

"Lynx are pack hunters. Very smart. They'll clear a path for the prey." Inej explained.

"Oh. So, I grab the Summoner, and you clear the path?"

"That's right. We do it before dinner." Kaz confirmed as he grabbed the map and began rolling up. "You grab. Anya and I clear, Inej keep Jesper in check while he makes sure there's a fast way out."

"So, Inej is a babysitter now?" Anya asked raising her eyebrow as she received a look of offence from Jesper.

"Fine, Inej help Anya and I clear, Jesper if we don't have a fast way out the plan won't  work." Kaz said before leaving the carriage.

"Inej, if you move your head one more time." Anya warned pulling Inej's hair slightly to style it in the way she wanted making Inej groan while Jesper chuckled.

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧
Words~793.
{edited:no}
Note:this was just a filler, again. I'm going to do a double update because this chapter was really short. I think the chapters are going to start getting longer now.