𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

Grabbing the dagger that belonged to Inej, from beside her, she pulled her body off the ground, grunting slightly from the pain in her shoulder. There was a stinging sensation that consumed her as she held onto the dagger, opting for slipping it into her trousers to return to her friend when she saw her. The journey to meet up with the other Crows was slower than expected but she did so, meeting them at an abandoned tomb that had once been used during the plagues.

It seemed Inej was in worse shape than she was, immediately being taken to a different room with Nina to help patch her up. Kaz had a flicker of an unknown emotion flash over his face when he saw Anya, shuffling into the shadows to hide her own injuries, as if it would make them disappear. Hers weren't as serious as Inej's, a slight cut to her shoulder and scraped knees and palms, but it still looked painful. A part of him wanted to reach out, to tell her it'd all be fine but he knew he couldn't.

So, instead he remained back in the shadows, waiting and watching as Jesper spoke to her with a joking tone, nudging her slightly. Helplessly watching and wishing he could trade places with the sharpshooter.

"You should get Nina to take a look at that." Kaz voiced his concerns when Jesper and Wylan went to speak to one another.

"It's fine, just a little scratch." Anya dismissed, hiding her palms behind her back while Kaz merely raised his brows.

"Without your hands there's not much use for you," Kaz reminded her, ignoring the scowl that adorned her features, "go get Nina to take a look at that."

"You're a right prick, you know that, right?" Anya spat at him, stepping towards him as she failed to hide the exhaustion clinging to her.

"So I've been told." Kaz responded, wondering why he could never get out what he wanted to say, especially when it came to her. It was like he became a blubbering fool and he couldn't form a coherent sentence when he was around her. In all honest, he couldn't tell if he despised it or loved it.

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

        Many times it had just been Anya and Inej stood in a room of the menagerie, both with wounds that they couldn't let anyone see. It was a dark room, a slight flicker of the candle being the only sight of brightness in the room. They could barely make out each other's faces but they knew they were there. Every now and again they'd chime into a conversation to distract one another, but many times they'd just sit in silence, the only sounds being their slight shuffling of a quiet grunt when they threaded the needle into their skin.

        Now, it was just her, stood in a room of the tomb, squinting slightly as she raised her hands and directed a flicker of heat towards the candle stood beside her. Lately, she'd found she'd been using her abilities more than she used to and she didn't hate it, no longer having to hide a part of herself to appease others. When she was younger she'd use it in the midnight, a small act of rebellion, but as she grew older, she heard and understood more stories, and so she stopped, too scared to continue.