𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

After catching up with Inej, Anya had learnt that she had managed to find her brother, who was currently occupying a room in a nearby inn. She had spoke excitedly as she shared her story at sea with the others, how freeing it had felt to just be able to do whatever she decided to do.

Inej sought out a life that she was able to dictate, the sea had offered her that momentary broke from everything.

Despite her success at finding her brother, her parents were still out there somewhere. She had returned to the Crows because they had been passing Ketterdam and Inej knew she needed the familiarity that came with the Crows. Anya had frowned at this, promising her best friend that as soon as they were done with the job, she would help her find her parents, no matter what it took.

Inej had intertwined their hands, squeezing it gratefully. She had missed the girl more than she had realised. It had been odd, waking up everyday and noticing her absence, the reassurance that they were in it together.

At least they were back together now.

Another hour passed and the two girls found themselves fully caught up on the other's life, it was as if no time had passed, as if they had not been separated for an entire year.

The door had opened and the two watched as Kaz made his way towards the staircase, seemingly heading to his room. Sighing, Anya mumbled a goodbye to her friend, stating that she was going to fill him in on the situation with Rojakke. With that, she moved through the crowds of people and disappeared into the staircase.

The attic rooms of the Crow Club had been converted into Kaz's office and bedroom, the whole floor to himself. In the room there was a makeshift desk, which appeared to take up most of the room. Anya could recall that it had been made up of an old warehouse door placed atop stacked fruit cases. Then it had been piled high with various papers that he never let anyone glance at for more than a brief second.

Anya had grabbed a couple when he had his back turned to her one time, flickering through the information quickly. Once he had turned back around, she feigned innocence and grinned, they both knew that he knew what she had done, yet neither voiced this.

Hovering by the doorway, she kept her footsteps light as she watched him take a seat at his desk. He grabbed a pile of papers and begun flicking through them with a quick glance.

Not even looking from the papers he was shifting between his ungloved hands, the boy called out, "Close the door behind you."

Sometimes Anya desperately wanted to know how he could see her no matter what. She had mastered silent footsteps, she had learnt to befriend the shadows, and yet, she was unable to hide from him. In every situation, he knew she was there. She was yet to decide if she loathed or loved that.

"Have you come up with a plan for the job?" Anya questioned, slotting herself onto the top of the desk, glancing at the boy as he dropped his papers. He merely hummed as a response, offering no added information. "Nothing can go wrong with it, Kaz. Everything needs to be perfectly executed."