𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗼

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

      Arriving at the Barrel in a bad mood was Anya, irritation practically swarming her entire body. Her gaze scanned around the room, landing on one person in particular sat in a booth, seemingly contemplating murder or whatever it was that he did. She stormed over to where he was sat beside and took a seat beside him. Kaz raised his brow wondering why she had been so annoyed. He went to speak but she just held her hand up, signalling she wasn't in the mood for questions.

      It was bizarre how a small gesture could get Kaz Brekker to be silent. He wouldn't obey anyone, especially not some troublesome girl yet he felt strangely drawn to her. Anytime she'd laugh or smile he noted how her eyes sparkled exactly like how the ocean sparkled when the sun hit it at a certain angle.

       Kaz looked down at his hat when silence had surrounded them, still sensing the anger that seemed to rise from the girl. "I really need a new hat." He absentmindedly commented, causing Anya to look up at him. "Can you get me one?"

      "What am I? Your personal slave? Get it yourself." Anya told him as she slouched further in the booth she sat in.

       Kaz sighed to himself before plastering a fake smile on his face as he turned to face the girl. "Please, my darling Anya, treasure of my heart, won't you do me the honour of acquiring me a new hat?" The troublesome boy questioned and she seemed to be on the verge of bursting with anger and he braced himself for it.

       However, she merely closed her eyes, reopening them to send him a harsh glare before pushing herself out of her seat to go and locate a hat. It was there she found the most hideous hat, returning to him with the widest grin on her face as she weave through the crowds of people. Sure, she was being spiteful for it was rather humerus to her, he shouldn't have asked her to do something like that for him, he should've done it himself.

      When she arrived back she saw Kaz had remained in the same spot before, waiting for her return. Strolling over to him, she placed the hat upon his head, startling him for a second before realising who it was. He grabbed the hat and pulled it down towards his view so he could see what she had bought.

      It was the most hideous hat he had seen and he turned to look at Anya unimpressed as she just gave him a smile before bursting into laughter at the look she was being given. Her head tilted backwards with her hood falling back from her hair, "That's the laugh." Kaz murmured which Anya didn't hear but a passing Inej did.

      She saw the way the two looked at each other. The way they interacted, their sarcastic remarks against one another. The way Kaz fought back a smile every time Anya smiled.

      Inej saw everything.

      Anya calmed down and noticed Inej and beckoned her over. Inej looked at the hat and pursed her lips, "Nice hat, Kaz." Inej commented which made Anya start laughing again and this time she was joined by Inej.

      Kaz just rolled his eyes but secretly looked at Anya who was moving her hair out of her face with a smile still resting on her face. Her mood had been changed incredibly, she'd gone from wanting to annoy and find anyway to irritate Kaz to not being able to keep her composure.

      Kaz admired the way the sun hit her perfectly as her face lit up. When she smiled so did her eyes, they shined brightly and made them stand out more. He swore he could never get tired of that smile.

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

      The group of thieves had questioned as many people as they could possibly, following every lead they found just for little to no information. It was worrying that they couldn't get even the smallest idea of how they were meant to pull this off and one million kruge was slipping out of their fingertips faster than they could blink. That kind of money was life changing for people like them, they needed this job, they needed a way across the Fold.

      Anya had used various contacts that she had to gain any insight she could but everyone else seemed to be just as clueless as she was. It was times like this she felt herself becoming that hopeless child she used to be before meeting Kaz. When she was younger she'd be given the idea that maybe things would be better for her, she'd return home to her parents. Of course, that hope would disappear before she could imagine a new life. After losing hope you're left with nothing but the constant worrying question of what if?

       "This is useless." Anya had complained, throwing herself into a booth beside Inej while Jesper nodded along.

      "How is it that nobody knows a way across the fold?" Jesper agreed, moving into the seat opposite the two girls, Kaz slipping beside him.

       "There has to be someone who knows." Inej optimistically stated, ignoring the loud groan that left Anya's lips.

       "Yeah, but who." She frowned and looked at the other three crows, receiving no response because truthfully, none of them had an answer.

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧
Words~922.
{edited:yes}

Note: ok so the Kaz and Inej quote I took from the books, I don't know if it fits but yeah. Anyways.