𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

The attack had been brief and easily solved, but that did not do much to ease the overwhelming tension that went over the group. It had not been an actual attack, but rather a helplessly addicted Grisha who begged and pleaded for Jurda Parem. Seeing the effects this drug had on the body stuck with them all, none in the mood to talk as they continued on their journey.

The group made it out of the moutains, easily slipping through the crowd. As they walked they noted the signs of Hringkälla celebrations shown through small decorations on cookies or even larger things such as hanging ornaments. On the bridge that span across the river gorge there were ribbons wrapped tightly, shining with Fjerdan silver.

As they continued their seemingly confusing trek through the streets, they arrived to a run down tavern called the Gestinge. Wincing, Anya rose her hand to her nose as the smell of garlic and fish attacked her, she hated the smell of garlic more than anything. It was so strong and it was making her feel nauseous.

Taking a seat, she was met with the sight of herring in what looked like too much oil. Served with bread that when she raised it from the plate and tapped it against the table they discovered it let out a soft bang.

Placing the bread back onto the plate, she raised her eyes to meet Kaz's coffee ones, almost finding herself trapped in his gaze. "How certain are we that this is edible?" She mused while he raised a brow at her words.

"It's not going to cause you any issues, anyway, you don't eat fish," Kaz told her, waving it off quickly as the girl found herself smiling at the fact he remembered, it was a small thing but she did not care, it was enough for her, "besides, we are not here to eat the food, we are here to watch."

Kaz motioned to the Ice Court's outer gate and first guard house, which they had a clear view of from their table. When they all noted the boxy wagon that had stopped by the guardhouse, Kaz dug into his coat pocket and handed Jesper a slender book, the cover engraved with intricate designs.

"Are we going to read to each other?" Jesper joked, his confused eyes flittering from the book to meet the other's.

"Jes, I wasn't even aware that you could read." Anya joked and the boy shot her a playful glare as Kaz glanced between the two unamused.

He tapped the table with his fingers and directed his attention to the Zemeni boy. "Flip it open to the back." Kaz told him and Jesper mimicked the actions told, furrowing his brows as he looked down at it dumbly. "Hold it up so we don't have to look at your ugly face."

"My face has character," Jesper defended the accusation but still he raised the book, "besides," he cut himself off with a gasp, "...oh..."

"An excellent read, isn't it." Kaz mused as if he had just told the greatest joke of all time, leaving the others confused at what they were talking about.