𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

When Kaz returned he limped inside the tomb, his injury much worse than before and he knew that, mentally preparing himself for the rant that was sure to follow him when Anya saw him. Dragging his bloodied and bruised body inside, he noticed nobody was back yet and he opted for drowning the anger he felt in alcohol. Flask in hand, he leaned against the structure, staring curiously at the painting above him. It brought back something within him and he didn't like it very much, downing another gulp of the substance in an effort to erase what he'd seen, what he'd remembered.

That familiar feeling clawed it's way up when he heard footsteps, knowing exactly who it was. Judging by the slow and steady pace, she had not yet seen his state and he scanned his eyes around the room for any excuse. Too late to leave, he heard her voice and kept his gaze on the painting as she called out his name, pushing open the door and stepping further inside.

         "I swear down you're going deaf," Anya's voice announced, full of irritation as she stood by the doorway, "did you just not hear me calling your name for the past five minutes?"

        "Anya of course I heard you, everyone in Ketterdam heard you." Kaz scoffed while the girl's eyes narrowed, annoyed that he kept his back to her.

        "Then why didn't you reply to me?" Anya questioned, noticing he had finally turned around and when he did, a soft gasp left her lips. His lips had dried blood resting against it and there was a bruise forming on one side of his face. Noticing her look, he raised a brow at her and she took a step towards him, her anger leaving her. "Saints, what happened to you?"

        "I got the dregs, they work for us now." Kaz told her, raising the flask once again to take a swig.

        "That's not what I asked you." Anya's voice was softer than before and he could sense the pity laying within, he didn't want pity. "You should ask Nina to help you, it could get infected."

        "I'll be fine." Kaz replied to her, rolling his eyes as he turned back around.

       "Keep shutting me out and you'll end up alone, Kaz." Anya shot back, sighing to herself as he kept his eyes locked onto that painting. "I..." she paused and clenched her jaw, "I care for you and I'm sick of you acting like everything is fine when it's clearly not, for Saints sake, you're bleeding. You like to think you're untouchable and nothing can faze you but I see right through you."

       Once again, Kaz remained silent and she shook her head, turning on her heel and heading into the room next to the entrance. When he heard the door click shut, he turned his head to see the candle on the wall next to him flickering uncontrollably before it stopped suddenly, reverting back to normal. Anger consumed him but he knew she was right, although he'd never admit it, both too stubborn for their own good.