𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

As soon as Inej had awoken, she was crushed in a hug by her friend, the girl rambling so fast she could barely keep up. At that moment she did not care that her side was hurting from the pressure, nor the fact she was so exhausted she could barely keep her eyes open. All she cared about was being with her, intertwined and together.

Although they did not have much time to appreciate the fact that she was alive and breathing before she was forced into a job for Kaz. He wanted to go over the plans which meant that she was needed to ensure that Matthias did not lash out irrationally. While she could not overpower the tall and muscular Fjerdan, she served as an intimation defence to keep him in check. As long as she was stood close enough nearby, Kaz seemed certain that they could get him to talk.

Grisha scared him but Anya? She was something entirely different in Matthias' eyes and he could not disguise the fear he held.

Once they had finished going over the plan once again, Anya was locked away in her room in an attempt to forget about being on the boat, forget about the familiar nausea creeping into her.

She never liked boats, always had a fear of drowning so she avoided anything to do with large bodies of water. Although after the Menagerie had grasped her from her mother, that fear became more real.

Every time she was anywhere near water she found herself back there, chains wrapped around her arms that bound her to the decking beneath her. Waves crashed against the side, occasionally rocking the boat and making her restrain the urge to vomit.

Various other girls were near her and she heard some of them cry often but she never did, she refused to let a single tear leave her eyes.

The only thing that kept her sane throughout that journey was her mother's voice, reminding her that she would be okay.

That's what she used as she sat in her room, she recalled the voice of her mother, the slight enunciation she placed on certain words. She reminded herself that she was not chained down anymore, there was no restrictions on her.

Anya was free from that place, from those people, from her, but could she ever truly be free?

Would the memories ever leave her?

Would she be able to live her life normally without panicking when a stranger accidentally bumps into her in the street?

Would she ever truly erase the feeling of nausea that seemed to latch onto her no matter the situation?

ೃ࿔*:・✸⋆➶ ✧

Being back on land was all Anya could have hoped for, although that nausea never quite went away, no matter how far she travelled. Kaz glanced at her briefly but she avoided his eye, he could always read her like a book and she was not in any mood to delve into her past.