21

Lee Chaeyeon's POV.

"Hey! Kids! Get back here!" A man's voice echoed through the empty halls following a sound of a whistle.

The sound of multiple shoes squeaked as they got in contact with the floor.

"Chaeyeon, hurry! Run faster!" Eunbi Unnie whispered and grabbed my hand.

I ran faster, not wanting to get caught.

"Unnie, I'm scared," Wonyoung whispered while running.

"Don't be. I'm here. Hold my hand." Yujin said slowed her pace to offer her hand to Wonyoung.

I have no idea how I ended up here.

But all I know is that.

Flashback

"Chaeyeon Unnie, A friend of mine wanted to talk to us. She said she had something to say." Yujin said we're currently in the gates on the way to our buildings.

"Invite them to lunch, bye kids," I said and waved her and Wonyoung goodbye.

Lunch came and Yujin invited her friend as I said.

They came earlier than me because I had to take care of something in the student council.

I saw Wonyoung.

And Yujin's back with an unfamiliar girl beside her.

It must be Yujin's friend.

Wonyoung eyes widened when she saw me and quickly waved.

Yujin and her friend looked back and saw me. Yujin waved and her friend... is CHOI YENA?!?

She's Eunbi Unnie's friend, isn't she?

I walked faster and reached the table.

"Hi, Unnie!" Wonyoung said as soon as I sat down.

"Btw, Unnie this is my friend. You probably already know her." Yujin said, introducing her friend.

"Choi Yena, What brought you here?" I said.
"Lee Chaeyeon." She said.
"We need your help." She straight-up said.

"We? What do you mean by we?" I asked her.

Don't tell me... they need something from me? Do eyes need something from me?

"You know what I mean, Chaeyeon," Yena said.

"How am I supposed to help you?" I asked her, hoping that she'd give us more details.

"No— actually, it's not just you. We need all three of you. We need your help." She then explained.

"What do you need us for?" Wonyoung asked. She's probably as curious as I am and knowing Wonyoung, she won't stop until she gets the answer. She's a smart kid, after all.

"Can we meet later? We'll pick you three up after school." She said.

"We'll think about it," I said.

No, I'm not helping you and your friends, Choi Yena.

"Thanks. I promise I'll explain everything later." She said then left our table and went to the other side of the cafeteria and sat beside her friends.