25

Kim Minju's POV.

"Min." Her voice felt like poison but how come I'm addicted to it?

I stopped when I heard her voice. The lights illuminating her face, shinning on it despite this place being dark.

"Ssamu..." I whispered.

"You're... here", her voice was hopeful— too hopeful that it broke my heart.

It's my first time returning here after a year of avoiding all the things that reminded me of her. Now, she's here. What great luck.

"I'm leaving," I said in a monotone, I didn't want her to see me crying... again. It's better to leave right now before I cry my eyeballs out.

I started walking away from her but before I could I was held back by a sudden embrace. She was back hugging me.

"I... miss you" She whispered, burying her face on my back. I tried to remove her hands on my waist but it was no use, she was stronger than me.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, her voice cracked. It breaks my heart to see how desperate she was.

"Let go of me," I said in a harsher tone but I couldn't keep up with the act anymore, I broke down. My knees fell weak.

What's up with this day?

"Please... just let go of me, Chaewon," I begged her. Warm tears falling out of my eyes.

"Please..." I begged once more.

She let go of me and then I collapsed on the floor, it didn't matter if I look pathetic. I just didn't care anymore.

"Did you do it?" I asked, a bit resentful.

She looked at me and slowly nodded.

"I had to do it, for her. She needs justice." She said in a discouraged voice.

Chaewon had always been quiet, cold and somehow eluded this scary aura earning her the title 'Ice Princess' but she's different from the Chaewon I'm seeing today. She's so fragile.

"What took you so long to realize she needed justice? Isn't it too late for that?" I said, not minding how messy I looked. All I need are answers because my head feels like it's gonna explode. It's driving me insane.

"I'm sorry it took me so long... I really am. But how did you know it was me?" She suddenly asked, looking at the city lights.

We sat on the empty bench next to the monkey bar.

Maybe I should give her a chance? It's been a year.

I've grown tired of pushing her away.

"The raindrops... The rainbow raindrops." I said almost whispering, remembering something.

Flashback.

"Hey, Chaewon Unnie wouldn't it be nice if raindrops had different colors. Not just the plain and boring transparent ones." Minju said, sticking her palms out to play with the rain.