~Chapter 39~

It's been about an hour, and I remain seated at the table with Killian's family

It's been about an hour, and I remain seated at the table with Killian's family. They announced that dinner would be served so everyone stood to find their seats at a table.

I glance in Killian's direction to see if he is returning, but my question is answered when he takes a seat next to the pretty blonde at her table. I sigh but focus my attention back to my lap.

"Where's Killian?" Kylie asks.

"He's still with Adriana." Lottie answers.

"He's sitting over there? But dinner is starting shouldn't he be with you?" Ace says and looks at me.

"Marcus go call him and tell him to come back would you?" His mom asks.

"No, that isn't necessary, it's fine." I say quickly.

"You're his girlfriend, he should be here with you darling." She frowns.

"He's not- we're not dating." I say.

"But he said you were his girlfriend?" She frowns.

"It was a surprise to me also." I chuckle.

"Um, I think he just said that to avoid any questions about it." I shrug.

"Still, he brought you here with him, he shouldn't ditch you." Kylie says.

"It's fine really. I'm okay." I smile.

As nice as they are, I can't help but feel slightly uncomfortable without Killian here. They're all welcoming and I have no reason to be uncomfortable, but I can't help but feel as if I'm interrupting something.

Taking out my phone I open up the uber app. After a few minutes I get a hold of one just a block down. I take in a deep breath and let it out. I look over at Killian to see if he would be planning to come back over here.

They have waiters and waitresses walking around and serving the food to the people. As a waitress gets to his table she serves a plate to everybody.

Killian looks at the waitress and shifts in his seat. For a moment it looked like he was going to get up but he only scooted closer to Adriana.

I look back down at my phone and fiddle with it.

"Dear do you care for a glass of wine?" Killian's mom asks.

"Oh, I have water, no thank you." I smile.

"Um, actually," I add and they all looked at me.

"I just got a text from my mom, it's uh- it's kind of an emergency." I lie.

"Oh my, is she alright?" She asks in worry.

"I-I'm not sure, but if you don't mind I would like to excuse myself to go check." I frown.

"Of course sweetheart go on!" She says quickly.

"I'm really sorry Kylie." I frown.

"No no don't be! Go make sure everything's okay!" She says worried. Making me feel bad for lying, but I just feel so out of place.