~Chapter 63~

I sit alone at the table impatiently

I sit alone at the table impatiently. Getting irritated with her late arrival. I check my watch to check the time, seeing she's twenty five minutes late.

I roll my eyes to myself in annoyance, sure that she's late on purpose. After taking a sip from my wine I glance to my left and see the waiter guiding her to the table.

"Thank you." I tell him he nods and bids us a quick goodbye before he returns.

"Aren't you going to open my chair for me?" She smirks as she does it herself.

"You can manage." I say simply.

"So.. why am I here." She asks.

"It's nice to see you too." I chuckle.

"Killian, I'm serious." She sighs.

"I didn't appreciate your appearance today. I couldn't focus at work because of it, even took it out on my employees and you know I'm not like that." I say with furrowed eyebrows.

"She's my daughter." She says.

"Bloody hell Adriana she's my daughter too!" I snap.

"You wanted nothing to do with her before. Do you remember that? You said we were too young and that your company is your main priority. All you did was send money. I don't care if your little girlfriend is the reason behind you suddenly wanting to be a part of her life but I'm pretty sure if it weren't for her you wouldn't even care!" She says back.

"You make it seem like I'm coming into her life too late. She's fucking four years old. She's still a child." I say in annoyance.

She sighs and shakes her head.

"I still don't understand why you're going to try and fight me about this. Just sign the damn papers." She says.

"You're not going to have full custody. I make more than I could ever need so fighting in court won't be a problem." I smirk and she rolls her eyes.

"You're too busy with work." She mumbles.

"Why are you using that as an excuse?" I ask.

"Lately you've been so weird about me spending time with her. But isn't that what you wanted from the beginning? For me to actually have a relationship with her? Now that I'm getting closer and being there more you're pushing me away from her." I add.

"Killian there's something we need to t-" Adriana starts.

"No wonder my fuck boy radar went off." A voice interrupts her.

We look up and I tense when I see James with Leo. How do they even know each other? Is Selena here too?

"James." I say sternly.

"So, you dump Selena to get back with the baby momma huh?" He asks, crossing his arms.

"Um, James, let's just get to the table." Leo says awkwardly.