~Chapter 47~

The rest of dinner had gone well

The rest of dinner had gone well. Lily really warmed up to me by the end of the night.

As we finished and got to the car she was pouting at Killian for not letting me sit in the backseat beside her. We were on our way to Killian's, just a few blocks away.

He insisted I stayed the night, I was going to protest but Lily's cheering made me go against that action.

"Daddy, how come you no do that with mommy?" She asks.

"Do what love?" He asks her.

"That." She answers.

Killian turns around slightly, then focuses his attention back into the road. He looks over at me with a small smile and mouths "hold hands".

I shyly smile as I look down at our intertwined hands on the center console.

"Because mommy is my friend." He answers simply.

"Selena is your fwend too," She says.

"Selena is my special friend." He says and I chuckle slightly.

"But isn't mommy su-supo- supposed to be special?" She asks.

I frown at her words, suddenly feeling guilty for I don't know what exactly. I loosen my hold on his hand, trying to untangle them.

Killian quickly looks over at me and frowns. He grabs a hold of my hand again before it's released and goes me a reassuring squeeze.

"Sweetheart Selena is my girlfriend." He says and I bite my bottom lip.

"And you her boyfwend?" She asks, her voice raising slightly.

"Yes." He laughs.

"I want a boyfwend!" She says in excitement.

"You can have one when you're forty." He says in a serious tone, making me burst into a fit of giggles.

We arrive at his building, greeted by a waiting Nick. Who I learned to find out about that he and Helen knew about Lily since the beginning.

Killian's family also knows about Lily, though none of them had a proper relationship with her since he didn't himself up until five days ago.

Killian appears by my side and I smile in awe at the little girl in his arms with her head dropped onto his shoulder as she's fast asleep.

We enter the building and head towards the elevator. Making it up to his penthouse he types his code in and the door unlocks.

"I'm gonna go lie her down. You can wait here, or go to my bedroom or wherever babe." He chuckles silently as he makes his way down the hall. I make my way upstairs to his bedroom.

I have a pair of yoga pants here so I figured I'd change out of my jeans.

Entering his room I set my bag down on the chair near the door as I usually do. I hear his footsteps coming up the stairs as I scroll through my phone.