~Chapter 58~

It's been a week since Killian slipped those words out by "accident" as he said

After I had asked him why he said that he didn't know why that came out, and he swore his feelings for me weren't near that strong.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't hurt. I tried telling him he could be honest with me but he was quick to interrupt and insist we forget it ever happened since it was a mistake.

It's now Tuesday. All last week he's been avoiding me. Nothing but being formal and strict as the CEO part he plays. I tried calling him and texting him last week but after two days of trying I gave up.

Not entirely on him, just trying to get through to him. If anything I'm probably pressuring him into talking to me and the thought of me annoying him stings a bit inside.

I arrived at work only two hours ago. Killian hasn't come in yet and honestly I'm a bit relieved.

Whenever he arrives he just walks in and does his usual morning routine and asks me to get his coffee then gives me a list of things to do.

And after I manage to finish all of my tasks he doesn't like that I have nothing to do so piles more and more crap on my plate. My phone goes off beside me and I stop typing on the computer and unlock my phone.

Leo: Hey you free this Friday?

I smile at the text and reply.

Selena: Don't think so, why?

Leo: Got tickets to a Knicks game, court side if you want to come with me? 🙂

Unsure of what to respond and do I tell him I have to make sure I don't have to stay late after work and that I'd get back to him.

I continue to work on this deal for Killian as the doors open. He walks in and goes straight to his desk. Knowing that he'll ask for his coffee I stand up.

"Don't want one today." He says. I simply nod and sit back down.

"Lorenzo Romano wants a meeting as soon as possible." I tell him.

"Well, aren't I booked for the rest of the week?" He asks in annoyance.

I take in a deep breath and let it out before speaking.

"Yes. But he wants one as soon as possible if you want the deal sealed." I answer.

"You're my assistant, it's your job to manage my meetings. Why are you telling me this?" He spats.

"Because how the hell am I-" I begin but stop myself.

"Never mind I'll just move your meetings around.. again." I finish and he huffs.

"That wasn't so hard was it?" He says.

"No it wasn't but you keep blowing off other business meetings and no one is going to want to work with you." I snap.