Kitten's Got Teeth

Practically everyone was downstairs in the main room when I entered. My eyes quickly gravitated to Victor who was standing away from the group with Gideon. Gideon looked terrible at the moment and I knew it must be because Sasha hadn't returned yet and if they really were mates then his wolf must be driving him crazy. Victor's eyes danced around the room in a watchful manner finally coming to rest on me. I felt the immediate pull of our bond the moment our eyes met. I gave him a soft smile but to my surprise he just looked away from me like I was nothing.

I felt confusion over his response to me. I thought he said we were going to try, had I imagined all of that? I moved further into the room trying to ignore the gnawing feeling of frustration that was coursing through me. Mikhail was sitting on the couch with Elena sitting comfortably on his lap. They were smiling and talking privately with each other. It looked like there was a small game of go fish happening with everyone else. Dante, Bianca, Brandt, Hannah and Apollo were all sitting in a circle. Dante tried to peer over at Bianca's cards but she quickly smacked him on the back of the head, "Cheater!" The others chuckled as he smiled towards her sheepishly. It made a part of me burn with jealously to see all of them mated up and loving it. I had a mate but apparently he still wanted nothing to do with me. I heaved a sigh of frustration as I wrapped my arms around myself.

"Trouble in paradise?" I felt hot breath hit my ear. I turned quickly to see Sarafina standing beside me wearing a smirk. I hadn't even heard her come into the room. I looked away from her back to the group playing cards, "I don't know what you're talking about." I respond much to quickly. She laughs softly, "Oh, don't you?" as she trails her fingers down my neck to Victors mark. I squirm away from her quickly covering it with my hand as my face burned with heat.

"Haven't you ever heard of personal space?" I throw back at her in with a small glare but that only seems to amuse her. She shrugs her shoulders, "Nobody has ever complained about it before." She says suggestively before moving closer to me again. My wolf doesn't seem to be appreciating her nearness because she roars to life in my head, growling bitterly. I take another small step away. I'm not sure why but my wolf seems pretty irritable today.

"It's okay no need to be embarrassed Kitten." She uses Victor's nickname for me, "You should wear his mark proudly. It is like a badge of honor to these people. Excuse me-to your people." She corrects herself.

I frown as my eyes move away from her and look around the room, "I'm not one them. I don't belong here-they've made that abundantly clear." I say with a tone of bitterness. Maybe I was bitter, was it so wrong of me to want to have a place where I belonged and peopled loved me?

"Aww-is the poor wittle kitty going to cry?" Sarafina mocks and I look to her with an angry stare. She doesn't seem the least bit worried, "Throwing yourself a pity party isn't going to change a damn thing. If you don't like the way things are then you have to do something about it-I don't know why you're acting so submissive Lex. You and I both know that this-" She motions her hand over me, "Isn't you-so be you, and fuck the rest."

I stared at her for a long minute and I couldn't help but smile a little bit. Sarafina was trying to cheer me up, maybe in a really weird and screwed up way but she was trying. Her eyebrows raised a little, "What? is there something on my face?" She jokes. I shake my head back and forth, "Thanks-" She gives me the most genuine smile I think I've seen her make since I first met her, "No problem kid." She ruffles my hair with her hand before she walks off into the kitchen.

I slowly make my way further into the room and I can sense eyes on me. I look in the direction I feel them and find Victor watching me with a tense expression. I decided to give him the same treatment he had given me earlier. I look away from him lifting my chin a bit and make a B-line for the group of people play cards. I purposefully take a seat on the floor on the between Apollo and Brandt.